1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon A300 CF Card Max Capacity?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by vernall, Apr 20, 2004.

1. vernall

vernall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    wonder if anyone can help me please
    i've just bought a CANON A300 digi cam and in the manual it only states the number of pix you can take on compact flash cards upto 256mb
    does anyone know if this camera can take the larger cards like 512mb or 1gig?
    i thought perhaps these larger cards weren't available before the manual was printed or is it a fact that it cant handle these larger cards
    any help would be gratefully received

2. Peakoverload

Peakoverload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Well a quick search on Google shows that there are a number of dealers who are allowing you to add to your basket both 512MB and 1GB CF cards as recommended accessories for the A300 which although not conclusive proof is a good indication.

At the very worst it may need to have its firmware updated but I very much doubt it.

You could always pop along to your local Jessops and ask to try a 512MB card to see if it works in your camera. I've done this in the past with digicams in the past and they didn't mind.

3. vernall

vernall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    thank i'll pop along this afternoon and try

4. Miggs

Miggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Vernall, I too have a Canon A300, how did you get off at Jessops. Did the larger card work???
    Thanks in advance