Canon 7D firmware 2.0.0 update is out.

eduk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I mentioned it here in June but the update is not yet out at Canon UK so I am waiting for them to get their act together , when it is, it is available here
EOS 7D

Thanks for the reminder :smashin:

Yeh, I mentioned it here in June but the update is not yet out at Canon UK so I am waiting for them to get their act together , when it is, it is available here
EOS 7D

Thanks for the reminder :smashin:

It's available for "English | Spanish | French | Japanese | Chinese" so I'd assumed, like Sony, it is not region specific.

I was wondering if there is any difference myself as it's available on the U.S. and Aus/NZ site but not the UK or Canon Europe site. :confused:

UK users on another forum have installed it, you just need to change the date/time to London as usual.

Files from the US and the UK are identical....

Canon used to use a central Japan website for firmware updates until recently, so I'd be surprised if they started releasing region specific ones.

Apart from perhaps a very low risk of bricking the camera, can anyone think of any reason not to install the new firmware ?

I'm wondering if it will do anything slightly annoying like reset the shutter count or image numbering ?

Cheers,

John

Can't think of any obvious downsides.... doesn't seem to be any mad panic due to any major bugs so far...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom