• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Canon 7D firmware 2.0.0 update is out.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Yeh, I mentioned it here in June but the update is not yet out at Canon UK so I am waiting for them to get their act together , when it is, it is available here
EOS 7D

Thanks for the reminder :smashin:

eduk

Distinguished Member
Yeh, I mentioned it here in June but the update is not yet out at Canon UK so I am waiting for them to get their act together , when it is, it is available here
EOS 7D

Thanks for the reminder :smashin:

It's available for "English | Spanish | French | Japanese | Chinese" so I'd assumed, like Sony, it is not region specific.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
I was wondering if there is any difference myself as it's available on the U.S. and Aus/NZ site but not the UK or Canon Europe site. :confused:

eduk

Distinguished Member
UK users on another forum have installed it, you just need to change the date/time to London as usual.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Files from the US and the UK are identical....

Canon used to use a central Japan website for firmware updates until recently, so I'd be surprised if they started releasing region specific ones.

jradley

Established Member
Apart from perhaps a very low risk of bricking the camera, can anyone think of any reason not to install the new firmware ?

I'm wondering if it will do anything slightly annoying like reset the shutter count or image numbering ?

Cheers,

John

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Can't think of any obvious downsides.... doesn't seem to be any mad panic due to any major bugs so far...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom