1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon 750i will only record AV in to SD card?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RSV_Ecosse, Aug 10, 2005.

1. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Canon MV 750i and have purchased a CMOS external camera to take some on board bike footage.

The camera audio and video works fine and I've got it connected up to the AV in plug of the camera.

Problem is, everytime I go to record any footage, it records it to the 128Mb SD card in the camera. I want to record it onto the tape, but I cant see anywhere in the camcorders menu that lets me change the recording method from card to tape. I tried removing the card and recording, but all it says is "No Card" upon the record button being pushed.

This should be simplicity in itself, I cant help thinking I'm overlooking something blindingly obvious??!!!

2. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hurraayyy!!!

I figured it out with a bit of judicious "Googling".... :D

What you have to do, is switch on the camera, set it to AV>DV on mode via the menu. Now, if you go by what the manual says, you will find you get the same thing as I did.....it records straight to the SD card.

However.....

What you need to do is forget what the manual says.

Set up camera as above, with bullet cam connected.

Once you get an image and are ready to record, press the CARD MIX/SLIDE SHOW/REC PAUSE button on the inner side of the camera ( LCD screen side ).

Then to commence recording, press the PLAY button on the same side of the camera, the VCR controls buttons.

To stop/pause recording, press PLAY again.

This way records straight to the MiniDV tape, rather than the card.

As far as I know, you need to go through this procedure again, if you power down the camera at any point.

Bloody annoying that it tells you nowhere in the manual how to do this, but I'm just glad I found out the secret!!!

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem. It took quite some time to find this out trawlling the web, so it should be easier to find here on these boards now!! :smashin: