Canon 6d mk2 coming soon!

spannersatcx

Canon Celebrates Six Accolades for Cameras and Accessories in the 2018 TIPA Awards - Canon Press Centre

Best Full-Frame DSLR Expert: Canon EOS 6D Mark II

A full frame, full-featured DSLR aimed at enthusiasts, as well as pros who seek a second compact and lightweight body, the full-frame EOS 6D Mark II includes an all-new 26.2MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology that aids AF during live view and movie shooting. The camera has a normal ISO range of 100-40,000, and up to ISO 25,600 when shooting full HD 60p video. It can deliver up to 6.5 fps when using the optical finder and 4 fps when working with the 3-inch, fully articulating Vari-Angle touchscreen LCD. The EOS 6D Mark II features several connectivity options, with Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth, plus there’s a built-in GPS. Focusing is fast and reliable thanks to up the optical viewfinder's 45 cross-type AF points.

shotokan101

Banned
Surely there's a typo in that link - shouldn't it read as "PITA awards" ? :devil:

snerkler

Canon Celebrates Six Accolades for Cameras and Accessories in the 2018 TIPA Awards - Canon Press Centre

Best Full-Frame DSLR Expert: Canon EOS 6D Mark II

A full frame, full-featured DSLR aimed at enthusiasts, as well as pros who seek a second compact and lightweight body, the full-frame EOS 6D Mark II includes an all-new 26.2MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology that aids AF during live view and movie shooting. The camera has a normal ISO range of 100-40,000, and up to ISO 25,600 when shooting full HD 60p video. It can deliver up to 6.5 fps when using the optical finder and 4 fps when working with the 3-inch, fully articulating Vari-Angle touchscreen LCD. The EOS 6D Mark II features several connectivity options, with Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth, plus there’s a built-in GPS. Focusing is fast and reliable thanks to up the optical viewfinder's 45 cross-type AF points.
If I’m reading this right the 6Dii won the expert category which I would assume includes the 1Dx-2, D5, D850, D750 and 5D4 to name a few.

Now either this was released on April 1st or the title of the award should have been best FF DSLR made by canon under £2k ;)

Snake79

If I’m reading this right the 6Dii won the expert category which I would assume includes the 1Dx-2, D5, D850, D750 and 5D4 to name a few.

Now either this was released on April 1st or the title of the award should have been best FF DSLR made by canon under £2k ;)

It does sound slightly odd doesn't it? It could be they separated those cameras into a 'pro' category so as to make the 6D mkII have less competition in the 'expert' category.

Part of my decision to go for the 6D mkII over any other camera was the fact that I have invested in Canon glass and equipment and I didn't want to switch to Sony right now as that would require learning a whole new system, buying an adaptor for the lenses and selling flashes/triggers etc. Sure the Sony A7 III is a significantly better camera on paper but it would certainly cost a lot more that what I paid for the 6D mkII. I think the biggest problem with the camera is not the specs but the price. It's RRP is 2k in both USD and GBP meaning we are paying a lot more than US customers which does irritate. When you look at the competition by other manufacturers in this price range the 6D mkII is not really appealing. I think the ideal price should be somewhere around £1300-1500 where it becomes a lot more attractive. This is why I waited a bit before buying.

snerkler

It does sound slightly odd doesn't it? It could be they separated those cameras into a 'pro' category so as to make the 6D mkII have less competition in the 'expert' category.

Part of my decision to go for the 6D mkII over any other camera was the fact that I have invested in Canon glass and equipment and I didn't want to switch to Sony right now as that would require learning a whole new system, buying an adaptor for the lenses and selling flashes/triggers etc. Sure the Sony A7 III is a significantly better camera on paper but it would certainly cost a lot more that what I paid for the 6D mkII. I think the biggest problem with the camera is not the specs but the price. It's RRP is 2k in both USD and GBP meaning we are paying a lot more than US customers which does irritate. When you look at the competition by other manufacturers in this price range the 6D mkII is not really appealing. I think the ideal price should be somewhere around £1300-1500 where it becomes a lot more attractive. This is why I waited a bit before buying.
Yeah we get stung big time. It’s why I waited for the grey prices of the D850 to come down significantly.

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Yeah we get stung big time. It’s why I waited for the grey prices of the D850 to come down significantly.

I used to be anti grey import. After the Brexit vote the price difference went absolutely mental though. When I was considering the D750 before the vote it was as low as £1200 vs just under £1100 grey for body only. It got even worse after that with body prices at almost £1800 vs £1200 grey when I got mine (I got the kit with the 24-120 for £1500, was going for over £2200 here). I saw it a while back at £1969 for body only, but seems to have settled back at £1700 or so now. Absolutely crazy pricing.

snerkler

I used to be anti grey import. After the Brexit vote the price difference went absolutely mental though. When I was considering the D750 before the vote it was as low as £1200 vs just under £1100 grey for body only. It got even worse after that with body prices at almost £1800 vs £1200 grey when I got mine (I got the kit with the 24-120 for £1500, was going for over £2200 here). I saw it a while back at £1969 for body only, but seems to have settled back at £1700 or so now. Absolutely crazy pricing.
The D850 is just under a £1200 saving :eek: (you can get better than the listed price online ;))

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
That is just mental.

Thumpermawer

Nikon gets some love too;

TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2018
BEST DSLR PROFESSIONAL
Nikon D850
Nikon D850

I think the 6DII wins by default, were there any other FF DSLR released in 12 months to 2018 (that didn't also win awards in other categories)? Obvs Sony's aren't DSLR's or it's a different matter altogether!

snerkler

Nikon gets some love too;

TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2018
BEST DSLR PROFESSIONAL
Nikon D850
Nikon D850

I think the 6DII wins by default, were there any other FF DSLR released in 12 months to 2018 (that didn't also win awards in other categories)? Obvs Sony's aren't DSLR's or it's a different matter altogether!
That must mean I'm pro then innit :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom