Canon 650D or 700D

robinhood1701

Hi, looking to get a new DSLR,
Got the choice down to a Canon 650D, but then found out about the soon to be released 700D,
But from what I've read, there isn't a great deal of difference ?
The price of a 700D will fall a few months after release, but I'm just wondering is it worth waiting for a 700D at a reasonable price, or wouldn't I notice the difference with a cheaper 650D ?

SteveStar

Standard Member
I don't think you will notice that much difference. It is slightly better build quality, but that's about it. Much better to get the 650d and use your savings for a better lens.

iainl7

What are you going to be using it for? The biggest difference with the 700D is that the kit lens is the new 18-55mm STM one, which means it can update autofocus during video. If you're just planning on using it for stills, save your pennies and get the 650D.

SteveStar

Standard Member
The 650d also has continuous autofocus for video, but the STM lens is quieter and faster when doing so.

robinhood1701

Thinking about the price, I could get a 650d with 18-55mm lens and a EF S 55-250nm Canon zoom for less than a 700D's current stated price of about £700, prob get one end of this August so price of a 700D should have stabilised by then ?

SteveStar

Standard Member
Yes, by the end of August the prices will have stabilized enough for you to make a good judgement

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom