Canon 5D mkII

Sorj

Novice Member
Is there any post about this so far? If not i'll start a new one on this:

Some rumour mill / speculation / anouncements:

I have read a few and heard a few too. i have a Canon 400D and was looking for an upgrade. I first looked at the 40D and saw it was good then i looked for a FF (full frame) camera which began with 5d then the pro range 1Ds mkIII. I couldn't afford that so i decided to look around for a cheap 5D body.

On my searching i have ran into rumours of the 5D replacement and how it was around about time that they need to replace it. Canon always has a cycle before they start replacing hardware.

This is what i found:
15.3 MP full frame CMOS sensor
Weather sealing same as 1Ds Mark III
Dual Digic III with all-new “CXR” NR system reported to best 3rd party NR software.
14 bit A/D conversion
ISO 12800 (C.F. up to 25600)
Reported 1 2/3 stop sensitivity improvement
All-new 29-point TTL CMOS sensor with 12 cross-type for F/2.8 or faster lens
Micro lens fine adjustment for up to 14 lenses
300,000 exposure shutter durability
6.0 / 3.0 fps
3.0″ LCD 922,000 pixels
EOS Integrated Cleaning System
Live View (improved from 450D; latest generation)
MSRP $3499, available June 2

found on this site http://www.digisniper.com/2008/03/1...acement-specifications-leaked-no-preview-yet/

I have seen a few spec on this and they are all the same. So what do you guys think?

h4rri

Novice Member
There has been hundreds of posts over the last couple of months discussing this and the allegedly confirmed spec's. I'm a I'll believe it when I see it kind of guy and have been hearing about the 5D MkII for at least 18 months now.

Wasn't there supposed to be some announcement in March or April [this year not counting the 6 or so supposed announcements last year].

Sorj

Novice Member
I think the 'Available June 2nd' puts this spec in the rumour dustbin along with all the others.
Rodger! But the pic looks good though. I think we have to wait for Photokina show for canon to annouce it officially then. As Canon had announce the 450D in PMA at end of Jan.

stevegreen

Rodger! But the pic looks good though.
I would say that the picture is of a 5D with a 'Mark II' photoshopped on. There has been no announcement of a '5D MkII' so it's highly unlikely that that is a true picture........it may not even be called a 'Mark II' when/if it is released.

Sorj

Novice Member
I would say that the picture is of a 5D with a 'Mark II' photoshopped on.
Yes i have thought of that too. You have just killed my dream :D

I have read other rumours that it might not even be a 5d mk II but possibly a 6D or a 7D. Who know what Canon has installed for us!

Radiohead

No-one knows. Simple as that. The specs you've listed are old now and people just making things up.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom