For Sale Canon 5d mk2 & 70-200L f2.8 is mk 2

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by scottduffy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. scottduffy

scottduffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi guys,

I bought a canon 5d mark 2 and 70-200 2.8 is mark 2 for a college course I'm completing just now but as much as I love them I don't have the range I require for certain things. I have not got the money to add another lens so I am looking at trading for maybe fuji gear that I can build up a new system with.

I've been offered 1550 from mpb for my combo but I really can't afford to sell then waste time looking for other gear as I use it ever day in college hence the trade.

I'm looking for probably an xt1 with either the 56 or 90 prime and cash or another lens. I'll consider anything.

Description of my gear to follow tonight when I get out of work.

Price and currency: 1550
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: None
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. mike_6480

mike_6480

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Did you get separate prices from mpb for the body and the lens?

Couldn't you trade the lens only with mpb for something like:
    Canon 24-105mm f4L from £359
    Canon 50mm f1.4 from £189
    Canon 70-200mm f4L from £309

I've gone for the cheapest of each they have but you could go for slightly more expensive and therefore better condition versions and should still get some money in your favour

3. scottduffy

scottduffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yes they have given me prices of 560 for the body and 990 for the lens. Given that they pay for delivery I'm happy with these but I really don't want to purchase something that I'm not happy with. I used fuji before and loved it but ended up back with canon as I was shooting outside a lot and wanted longer than the 56 f1.2. I also had omd em10 with the 75 which I also really liked but when interviewed for college they told me they'd rather I used canon or Nikon but now that I'm there I know I could use mirrorless no problem. It was more to do with the lecturers teaching than the images we could produce.

I'm really not sure what to do. I was just sounding out potential trades to see if they were worthwhile.

4. CraigF1969

CraigF1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    If those were email quotes be careful as even the slightest marks will have a considerable affect on price.
    Couple of other things.
    Shutter Count?
    UK Stock - Both items with Proof?
    Warranty?

Cheers

5. scottduffy

scottduffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi buddy,

The condition of the lens is very good. I can't see any marks on it apart from the hood which has some lines etc on it. It was bought second hand by myself so has no warranty and I've no idea whether it's UK stock or not.

The camera has just shy of 40,000 actuations and is in very good condition. It's got a screen protector on there and has had from when I bought it again on here. I paid slightly less than the going rate for this as it needed a sensor clean which I duly did via AJ Johnston in Glasgow. Might have the odd faint mark but nothing that I can see and certainly no dings or anything like that.

I have never dealt with mpb before but my description is an honest one and if they did drop their offer I'm assuming I could just request my gear back.

6. CraigF1969

CraigF1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Yeh you can refuse. There is no harm in sending it. I asked for a quote for the same items describing as excellent and got a quote less than you.
    By the same token though I got a quote on my Nikon gear and they offered me a very very tempting amount.
    I am wondering if the exchange rate and post brexit is having an effect.
    On a side note they used to offer the bare minimum if you couldn't prove it was UK stock but I think that has also changed now as they sell worldwide.
    I am sorely tempted to send my Nikon gear just to see if they give me close to what they offered.

7. scottduffy

scottduffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'll let you know if I do send it. I'm more of a mind to trade though as I'd only be a couple of days at most without gear. Probably slim chance of someone with gear I want wanting mind. We'll see.