1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon 530i or Pana gs4b - dv camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Laughin' Potato, May 29, 2002.

1. Laughin' Potato

Laughin' Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As i am about to purchase a dv camcorder very soon i have narrowed my choices down to these 2 models . Canon 530i or Pana gs4b .
    I know what camcorder reviewed the canon 500i (same cam as 530i) and gave it good results but there are no reviews for the panasonic gs4b or similar . Has anyone had much to do with either of them ? Can anyone recommend one from the other ?
    I like the panny for its very small compact size but it has only a 10x optical zoom , canon is larger but still quite compact and it has 18x optical zoom .
    I only really am drwn to the panny for its size but this does not make it the best cam of the 2 . But i like the idea of the 18x zoom on canon , hmmm decisions .
    Also looking up the canon website the 530i is supplied with dv capture card and cable and editing software , another + for canon .
    I bought junes copy of what camcorder , not many adverts have advertised the canon 530i but any i phoned that did advertise it dont have it in stock yet .
    One place is getting the canon 530i in this weeek is go2camcorder.com , they have it for £540 which is good but i think its imported stock from germany .
    Should i avoid this shop even though price is very good , or is there a down side to buying an import , i phoned canon and was told i would still have a guarentee as long as it was supplied with european warranty , this shop actually gives you a 2 year warranty although im not that certain about the second year being legit .
    Most places that have the panny at a good price are out of stock and i am streching my budget already .
    Any advice on buying either of these camcorders is greatly appreciated .