Canon 450D remote connection help

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
450D has a jack connector for remote shutter release. It's the middle port on the left hand side of the body, between the USB connector and and the video out socket.

Thanks Orbital, wonder why they have the wrong one illustrated on Amazon:confused:

Small components like that rarely have pictures of the precise model used; they tend to use stock images of that general type.

cherokee - care to share your thoughts once you've used it? i'm just wondering what the quality is like.

I have a practically identical one (1m lead not 3 though) and it's perfectly capable. At the end of the day it's only a switch. The prices charged for the Canon ones are utterly criminal.

cherokee - care to share your thoughts once you've used it? i'm just wondering what the quality is like.

Will do achoudry, just arrived today, seems ideal and a 3meter cable, cant be bad for £4.99

i bought the same one about two months ago and the only thing i can fault is the jack is very tight when you plug it in and the button is a bit loose but other than that it feels rock solid, the cable is thick and feels very high quality, no worry of the wires breaking like cheap headphones.

think i'll be getting one of these too based on the response. only thing i need to decide is whether i should wait to get a tripod or just buy it straight away!?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
very good deal! i might just buy it from there and save a few pounds! i take it you have ordered from dx previously?

I ordered a spare canon battery from them for $6.50 delivered:eek: (£35+ for canon direct), however havent recieved it yet but its only been 2 weeks

I ordered a spare canon battery from them for $6.50 delivered:eek: (£35+ for canon direct), however havent recieved it yet but its only been 2 weeks

wow. that is good. mind keeping us up to date on whether you receive it and how long it takes overall?

i might hold off and order a battery and remote at the same time!

very good deal! i might just buy it from there and save a few pounds! i take it you have ordered from dx previously?

yes, over 10 orders, no problems.

shortest delivery time is a week longest is 3 weeks but that was December time.

they have a 20 page photography section and they sometimes have some really good stuff like hoya filters but they sell out fast.

DealExtreme: Photo & Camera (Page 1)

wow. that is good. mind keeping us up to date on whether you receive it and how long it takes overall?

i might hold off and order a battery and remote at the same time!

sure will do, heres the link, its gone up to $6.55 with FREE delivery:smashin:
DealExtreme: $6.55 Canon LP-E5 Compatible 7.4V 1080mAh Replacement Li-Ion Battery for Canon EOS-450D/KISSX2/1000D

P.S The remote does exactly that, easy to use and cant fault it for under a fiver, but £4 delivery thru amazon is steep so I would go thru DX if your not in a hurry and get a battery and remote for under a tenner delivered:eek::thumbsup:

thanks cherokee. i actually went ahead and ordered a spare battery, a remote and a lens hood for the grand total of £14.15.

now i just have to wait for it to arrive :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom