Canon 350D owners Advice

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by SHANE-2007, May 7, 2007.

1. SHANE-2007

SHANE-2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people

I am thinking about buying a Canon 350D new or second hand , i am new to Photography , how much would i pay for one of these camera + standard lens , what is the standard lens for 350D ? and what sort of shots could i take also are these camera`s easy to use , i have £300 to spend

I will be using camera to take to car shows & meetings , and shooting snaps of the family

I have seen some good deals on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-Rebel-X...1QQcmdZViewItem

Your comments would be a great help

2. horribleman

horribleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    If you can get it cheap body only, I have a spare kit lens I can sell you :)

3. netronelson

netronelson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I just went through exactly the same exercise and bought my 350d on eBay for £250 new.

I spent around a month scouting out the good sellers - canon outlet are good, they do refurbished models and come with a short guarentee, and harbour48 seemed good too.

I avoided any of the ones from china and/or bundles - I didn;t want the risk of getting the wrong plug adapter or manual.

In the end I watched a load of items to get an estimate of how much they went for and then just checked back about twice a day - losing out a few times on a few bids, in the end I got lucky by searching for newly listed items and got a cheap buy it now.

I wouldn't be worried about bundle memory cards either - it seemed daft to me to spend a lot of money on a camera and then stick a cheapo memory card in - especially since new cards are cheaper on amazon.co.uk at the moment.

If you want a new 350d John lewis are selling them for £350, otherwise you should be able to pick one up with a kit lens for less than £300, and then get yourself a memory card...

Then soon enough you will be on the search for extras like bags and new lenses...

I picked the 350d simply because there are over 10 million images posted on Flickr.com, more than twice the amount of it's nearest competitor - who am i to argue with those stats!

After just a month of owning it, i'm having great fun and finding it easy to produce much better day-to-day photography, even though it's only the tip of the iceburg compared to some of the skills shown in this forum. I just bought the canon 60mm EF-S macro lense, and the sigma 70-300 APO DG, so beware! £300 is a reasonable amount to get started, but it soon eats into your pocket money!

Good luck...