Canon 350D at pixmania.com

JayCee

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Can anyone in the know tell me if this is a good offer?

Eos 350D + EF-S 18-55 II + EF-S 55-200 USM + BG-E3 grip

Available at http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/90417/art/canon/eos-350d-ef-s-18-55-ii-ef.html

Is this likely to be a "grey import" and does that matter?
What's the quality of the EF-S55-200 USM like?

They do 12 months Interest free which appeals to me. :smashin:

Your opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

if its pixmania then its quite likely to be a non UK model as far as im aware

mr jones said:
if its pixmania then its quite likely to be a non UK model as far as im aware

Thanks,
Any downsides to that?, They give a 1yr guarantee as expected and it's showing as in stock.
I notice the site says owners manual is in French but after purchase a link is provided to download English version.

Anybody dealt with pixmania? Are they reliable?

You wont get an English manual, which you will have to purchase from Canon. There are as good deals about. Try looking at ParkCameras.com or AJPurdy.co.uk.

Fish

Wannabe-THX said:
You wont get an English manual, which you will have to purchase from Canon. There are as good deals about. Try looking at ParkCameras.com or AJPurdy.co.uk.

Fish

Thanks Fish. In the end I decided to get it from ebuyer with the grip.
Just ordered it with the kit lens and will have a look around for a prime telephoto or good zoom.

Anyone interested in a 3month old mint Panasonic DMC-FZ20? :smashin:

Wannabe-THX said:

Fish
You can actually download the manual as a pdf file if required . (Not Canon UK ,mind you) .I could email it or post a link. Canon does do a European - wide warranty as we and our EU brothers ( and sisters!) are constanly on the move>

JayCee, I may have an EF 75-300 IS USM F4-5.6 lens with filter for sale when I come back from my holiday in the US.

Mail me if your interested in it.

Fish

JayCee said:
Thanks Fish. In the end I decided to get it from ebuyer with the grip.
Just ordered it with the kit lens and will have a look around for a prime telephoto or good zoom.

Anyone interested in a 3month old mint Panasonic DMC-FZ20? :smashin:

I ordered the 350D with kit lens and grip from eBuyer...they do 6months interest free via a finance co called "able2buy".....for those interested once they have your details and confirmed credit-worthiness you can go to their site, login and view and then print the .pdf agreement.....sign and return it so speeding up the process a little.
I got my order confirmation from eBuyer late this PM.

A couple of questions about the 350D,
Does it give a "focus found" confirmation beep like the 35mm EOS series?
Should I save in "RAW+JPEG" if I intend to post-process?
If I use the latter.......how many shots roughly will a 1gb compactflash hold?

Thanks, John.

Yes it gives the (irritating: just kidding!!) focus found beep, But be sure to look at the precise autofocus point as it doesnt always autofocus exactly where you want it to. If it has a mind of its own,You can quickly reframe or manually easily select the autofocus point
In Program ,AV, TV, (Ie not green fully auto) you can in the menu ,use the preset parameters or create up to 3 custom presets. Only experimenting can tell you what the differences are as the end product is actually down to indiviual preferences. Jpegs from some presets are almost indistingushable from raw. The digic 2 processor in pretty good .
As the nos below show, unless you have endless nos of 1G cards you may not need to take all of your pics as jpeg + raw but for crictical shots it gives you absolute control over post production.
At 8 megapixel setting 111 raw (3456x2304) alone 77 raw + JPEG, 256 large (3456x 2304) jpegs superfine 501 fine
443 4 megapixel ( 2496x1664) super fine 868 fine
You dont really want the small( 2M) settings do you ???

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom