Cannot watch Sky whilst dubbing from EH50 HD to DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wad, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Wad

Wad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

First post here, but I've been lurking for some time.

Wonder if someone can help me out. I have a Hitachi 32LD7200 screen, a Panasonic EH50 connected to AV4 via component cables, and a Sky+ (Pace v2) box connected to AV3 via RGB scart. The VCR Scart on the Sky+ box is connected to AV2 (EXT) on the EH50 so I can copy from Sky+ to the panny.

When I want to record from the EH50 HDD to DVD the program being recorded is displayed on AV3 meaning I can't watch Sky at the same time. AV4 I can understand, but this is confusing me.

Hopefully I'm being a numpty and this is simple to fix - anyone any suggestions.

Cheers
    Wad.

2. Wad

Wad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for bumping my own thread, but I'm still having problems. Bought a Uni-directional scart and used that to connect the Sky+ box to the DVD recorder, but no joy.

There must be loads of folk with a Sky+ box, DVD recorder and TV out there - how have you got yours cabled up ?

Cheers
    Wad.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You needs a second connection from the sky box to the tv, use this whilst the machine is dubbing. THe tv out from the digibox needs to go to the dvd recorder and then on to the tv. You will not be able to use this link for viewing sky whilst the recorder is dubbing, or indeed recording from its own tuner. THe second scart out of the digibox intended for a video can be used instead, but will not be in rgb quality. You will probably have to manually select this alternate input on the tv remote.