Cannot sync higher than 8mb

dmurray0

Novice Member
Got connected on Thursday to Sky Max. Migrated as Sky had LLU'ed my exchange. Was getting 8mb from previous ISP and the ADSL2+ speed checker I was told I could expect 12-16mb.

No matter what I do now (re-sync, check test sockets etc etc) I only sync at 8mb. My stats are as follows...

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8032 kbps 768 kbps
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 14.5 db
Noise Margin 7.4 db 13.0 db

I have an ADSL Nation XTE faceplate in the test socket, the router (wired) beside it and CAT5 cable running to the PC. On the phone side of the faceplate I have the Sky adapter for the TV and my phone. Phoned Sky and explained I should be able to get higher but bloke didn't know what I was saying. He would only say "This is the max your line would support." Have also tried the BT website to check for faults on the line bit it's not working.Any ideas how to get a higher sync rate?

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Weird, I'd expect that if you were capped at 8 meg and on G.DMT rather than ADSL2+ you'd have 8096/768 - certainly looks a lot like you are on G.DMT, on the faster service you may get 10-12, but no more.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Amazon, Disney+, Sky & NowTV Movies and TV Shows Coming in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom