cannot record music cd to hdd on panasonic ex75

A

andypannyex75

panasonic DMR EX 75
Just bought this machine and wondered if the record function is duff.

I can record to hdd from tv, but when trying to record a DVD or music cd to HDD when pushing record button all i get is a message saying "this is a non recordable disc" cannot record.

Having trawled though the instructions for a couple of days, there does not seem to be any mention of this on pages 30 and 31.
Presumably this machine can record from dvd and music Cd to the HDD?
Both the dvd and cd's (by the way) are home made and copyright free.
Any help much appreciated
Andy

The only way to transfer anything from a disc to the HDD is by using the Dubbing facility. When you press the record button it is trying to record to a disc that is already recorded, so it's obvious it can't record to it.

I am not sure that to do what you want to do is possible though, I have never tried it.

Yes you can copy from DVD. Look under "Advanced Copy" for copying from from DVD-V to HDD. Just make sure you select:

Source: DVD
Destination: HDD

No you can't copy a cd - I'd be surprised if any DVD recorder can.

No you can't copy a cd - I'd be surprised if any DVD recorder can.
Actually the Pioneer 530 etc. (Ozzy models at least) do let you copy music CD's to HDD for the "Juke Box" function, but it's a real-time copy and I've never been tempted to try it out.

Actually the Pioneer 530 etc. (Ozzy models at least) do let you copy music CD's to HDD for the "Juke Box" function, but it's a real-time copy and I've never been tempted to try it out.

If doing real time copy, then theoretically you could do it with any DVDR by feeding in audio from another player and co-supplying any video source as a sync source...but of course, why would you want to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom