Cannot get 3D to play on player

Patman2k

Novice Member
Reaction score
When I get back home I'll have look further into it but I have an Optoma Hd28dse projector with 3D enabled and a Sony UBP-x700 DVD player with 3d enabled (auto). I am trying to watch Avatar 3D and the menu works fine but when I try to play the 3D version I am told " The Blu Ray player requires a 3d display and it does not recognize one as connected." I've turned the projector on first and in different 3D modes then the DVD player with no luck. I've tried other/shorter hdmi cables (plugged 3ft from the projector) and same error. Could these DVD players need a factory reset with the projector in 3D mode possibly? Seems like it should automatically notice a 3D display upon bootup and not need this.. Believe my HDMI is 1.4 but even if it is 1.3 it should at least work correctly even if it wasn't full 1080 resolution correct? Any insight would be great. I'm a tech guy and I know there is something I'm missing.

When I get back home I'll have look further into it but I have an Optoma Hd28dse projector with 3D enabled and a Sony UBP-x700 DVD player with 3d enabled (auto). I am trying to watch Avatar 3D and the menu works fine but when I try to play the 3D version I am told " The Blu Ray player requires a 3d display and it does not recognize one as connected." I've turned the projector on first and in different 3D modes then the DVD player with no luck. I've tried other/shorter hdmi cables (plugged 3ft from the projector) and same error. Could these DVD players need a factory reset with the projector in 3D mode possibly? Seems like it should automatically notice a 3D display upon bootup and not need this.. Believe my HDMI is 1.4 but even if it is 1.3 it should at least work correctly even if it wasn't full 1080 resolution correct? Any insight would be great. I'm a tech guy and I know there is something I'm missing.
The display should report it is 3D capable to the player. Looks like this may not be happening.
  • Are you going direct to the PJ or through a soundbar or AVR? If so, that may not be 3D passthrough capable.
  • Try connecting to the other HDMI port on the PJ
  • Make sure Dolby Vision is off on the X700

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom