Hello. I have been having this problem quite a lot recently on Internet explorer. I have tried using Mozilla also and having the same problem (although mozilla call this error 'the connection was refused'). Alot of people say the error is down to ISP's. This is NOT the problem with me. I am on a University LAN and others on the same LAN are not having these problems. Therefore the problem must be on my computer. I generally find that this error comes up alot when searching google and clicking on sponsored links. I have tried every antivirus and spyware program out there with no result. I have also tried several registry mechanics to no avail. I would reinstall windows XP but have lost the disc. I would be grateful if anyone could assist me with resolving this problem. Thanks.