Cannot Finalise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MikeNolan, Sep 28, 2005.

1. MikeNolan

MikeNolan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been using Pana DMRHE50 for the last week and it's great. However, one problem has just arisen. Have dubbed material from HD to DVD -RW, and the program seems to have recorded alright, but then going through finalisation, it says "Finalise Failed". When I take the disc out and put it back in, it says it needs formatting, which I have previously done. Is this a bad disc, as 4 out of 5 have worked OK or is it something to do with the recording? Thanks

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I sometimes get this on my E85 with DVD-R discs. It could be down to copy protection. Something you have recorded on your hard drive could have the copy once only coding embedded. Not being able to finalise, of course, means you can only play it back on the recorder it was recorded on. Maybe there is a completely different reason of which I am unaware.

3. MikeNolan

MikeNolan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Royold - Reformatted disc and took it back to Woolworths for replacement. The dubbing works fine now so must have been a faulty disc. Thanks