Cannot disable child lock - Panasonic BWT 720

johngie

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to pull hair here! Although I've disabled child lock on all channels (yellow button) and all channels are showing "clear" in the channel list, I'm still finding recorded programs (recorded since clearing as above) are showing the G symbol and have to have the Child Lock PIN entered to watch them.

Absolutely infuriating :mad:

Am I missing something here? We are OAP's - we have no children in the house so we really don't need this:facepalm:

I'm starting to pull hair here! Although I've disabled child lock on all channels (yellow button) and all channels are showing "clear" in the channel list, I'm still finding recorded programs (recorded since clearing as above) are showing the G symbol and have to have the Child Lock PIN entered to watch them.

Absolutely infuriating :mad:

Am I missing something here? We are OAP's - we have no children in the house so we really don't need this:facepalm:

Go to Functions / HDD - Disc - USB HDD / Settings for Playback / Child Lock.... and set it to OFF.

You will require the Pin number to change it. ( There are two pin numbers associated with the machine. The Owner ID pin and the parental controls PIN. - They don't make this entirely clear ... but evidently you must know the parental PIN since you have been using it)

Thank you Gavtech for your (as always) prompt and "spot on" reply.

I have been in science and electronics all my life (did my degree in the latter when valves still ruled supreme!) and have used many (and even written a few) technical manuals. But the user's manual for this machine is just about the worst I've ever encountered - scrappy, badly indexed (to name just two).

Thank goodness for this forum!:clap:

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom