Cannot create Video DVD from Recorded TV

gphillips

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have installed "SonicEncoders.MSI" and when I use the "create DVD/CD" I am able to select Video DVD, Data DVD or Photo DVD.

If I select "Video DVD" I find that I can select any video file from my video folder (such as DivX movies etc) but I cannot add any recorded TV. I get an "Unsupported format" error.

I have the SweetSpot MCE Freeview card, all the latest drivers for everyting.

Does the "SonicEncoders.MSI" plugin not support burning recorded tv?

it is worth pointing out that all my regional settings are definitley set to UK. Likewise, my Radeon Xpress (onboard) is definitley set to PAL.

However in the ATI control panel although my area is set to United Kingdom (and the I/Pal system is set I think) the refresh is 60Hz and there is nowhere to set this to 50. Could this be the problem?

I dont know if this is a Rollup2 problem, as this is a new system and I only ever had rollup 2
Any help appreciated as always

Come on Guys, somebody must know what I can do to fix this! ?

Go into Control Panel and open "Regional and Language Options". At the bottom of the panel is a drop down box that lets you select your location. Make sure your location is set to "United Kingdom" If it isn't then MCE thinks your TV recording are NTSC instead of PAL.

Disclaimer
If this advice is wrong, unwanted or upsets anyone then bite me!
Mark

THanks. I wish it was that simple. ALl the regional settings are definitley correct (UK) and the TV Out in the BIOS (MSI board with Radeon Xpress) is set to PAL.

Im stumped

Ok Id like to post this in the hope it may help people.. Ive just cracked it I think.

I removed SonicEncoders from the Add/Remove programs list, then re-added it. This didnt make a difference.

Then I went to Add/Remove windows components (within Add/Remove Programs) and remove the windows component for Sonic DVD and CD support (cant recall its exact name). I then re-installed this (prompted to insert MCE 2005 CD 2)

Now it appears to work! - How Bizzare !

Very Happy!

the recorded tv to video dvd option is a joke, apart form taking forver to do it does not keep the same aspect ratio, 4X3 video gets black pars put on each side and looks squashed...

meansizzler said:
the recorded tv to video dvd option is a joke, apart form taking forver to do it does not keep the same aspect ratio, 4X3 video gets black pars put on each side and looks squashed...

Lets prey for an update soon then ( and a better one than Rollup2 which apprently broke it!

Your right, it does take AGES! - I gave up as mine seemed stuck on 27% forever.

did this problem ever get resolved, I have exactly the same thing - I've checked my region, checked all the setting are UK, but still get the unsupported file error when trying to copy recorded TV

any other ideas?

I uninstalled the "Sonic Encoders" and the Windows Component which relates to CD / DVD authoring. I then re-added that windows component, and re-installed Sonic Encoders and it worked for me! (very slow though)

Gareth

meansizzler said:

I saw this once and it was a recording from one of the music channels. I havent seen it since as all the recordings have been from the BBC channel so far.

odd

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom