Cannot create favorites list 55PUS7334

So, just to add further complication, my TV is still set to 'Other' location and so Freeview Play is officially disabled but I can still access the Favourites option. However, for some reason my TV now has spontaneously started popping up the 'Click green to watch from start' notification when I switch to a BBC channel.

The BBC iPlayer app is supposed to be disabled on my TV but if I click green I can access it as normal and once it's open I can switch to any other iPlayer programme and watch that instead. So I still have a fully functioning iPlayer app but it doesn't appear in the list of active apps and the only way to access it is through this notification.

That means the only major catchup app missing from my 'Other-ed' TV is now just All4 - it's still installed but you can't access it.

In other news the last Philips firmware update stopped the Philips TV Collection app from constantly reinstalling app's I had deleted and didn't want. So some progress there too.

A bit late to the party here but I have chanced upon a way to create a favourites list in Freeview Play.

Download the Philips TV Remote app from TP vision.
Once app paired, select Watch TV.
Long press on a channel and add to a new favourites list.
Select favourites list and activate channel via the phone remote app.
Hey Presto Your "antenna" list has become "favourites"

Might let Philip's know ;)

Attachments

• 20210128_172146.jpg
    20210128_172146.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 117
A bit late to the party here but I have chanced upon a way to create a favourites list in Freeview Play.

Glad you posted that because it prompted me to go and check out the app again and I realised that there's a whole new revised version of it now that's MUCH better than the one I already had.

I still have my TV set to 'Other' location so I didn't need it for the Favourites option but it's a huge improvement on the app I had, so thanks for that!

Thanks for this tip, it worked for me. Reordering the favourites list from the APP is very flakey, but I was able to do it from the remote.
Please don't let Phillips know, they live in a parallel universe where they think favourites lists are not permitted !. I've now turned off auto software updates and auto APP updates to stop them disabling this fix.

What a legend, thank you so much. Now let's keep it on the hush before Philips blocks it haha

Does this only work on the actual app? I set up a fav channel list but dont see it on the TV only on the app... Also it thinks channel 177 is Brit Asia TV but its actually Channel 4 HD

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom