Cannot change ID TAG for certain songs

Hi, I have been replacing my mp3 collection with FLAC files and as usual use a TagandRename to edit the tags. However some albums won't change and so far have just downloaded from a different source. But I want to be able to get to the root of the problem.

For example I have an album that have renamed the genre to 'Industrial Metal' in the TAG but on my Hiby R3 Pro player it shows up as 'Metal'. I tried a different tag editor yet it showed the genre that I had changed it to.

I tried to remove all tag information within TagAndRename and then re-enter but still does not work. I have had this problem in the past with my mp3s but never been able to solve it.

Any ideas of how to solve?

Thanks
James

rpr

Or try Tag Scanner

I tried Mp3Tag again and changed to the directory to the album folder that would not change the tags. Within Mp3Tag it is showing the tags that I changed them to not the ones that are showing in my Hiby player.

I then clicked on each song and pressed the save button. But when I copied it back to the Micro SD Card and updated the Hiby database, it still shows the old tags.

One thing I have noticed though. Of the two albums that I had problems with both say FLAC (FLAC IDv2) so tried one of the albums that is ok and that just says FLAC. So I am wondering if its the fact they they are IDv2. Is this using Version 2 of the Tag? Im wondering if this is the problem?

I have not tried Tag Scanner yet but could give it ago.

pxr5

When using mp3tag, open the song/album and on the menu bar select 'view - extended tags'. You'll then see all the tags from the loaded song/album. I've found that certain programs will read these other tags when forming their database.

Jaded1

Thanks to the Bluesound Node I am now in the process of ripping 80,000 songs (not albums or CD's lol) to FLAC with EAC. Sometimes though the node fails to notice some artwork. Even if I replace it with MP3 tag.

Any ideas?

Thanks to the Bluesound Node I am now in the process of ripping 80,000 songs (not albums or CD's lol) to FLAC with EAC. Sometimes though the node fails to notice some artwork. Even if I replace it with MP3 tag.

Any ideas?
I have noticed some of my albums fail to show the album art. I discovered that these where high Res and high file size. The solution was to download a smaller file. I found 1000 x 1000 and under seems to be Ok. But I try to find one around 500 x 500 and loads fine

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom