1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannon

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by cazxx1, May 23, 2005.

1. cazxx1

cazxx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I Have A Very Old Camcorder With The 8mm Tapes In I Have Loads Of Then Which I Would Like To Put On Vidio Or Dvd Could I Do It Myself Our Would I Have To Send Them Away I Have A Dvd R Write On My Computer And Im Running Xp Great Site By The Way

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    There is no reason why you can't copy them all to DVD yourself as long as you have or get the correct hardware.

8mm video tapes are analogue and therefore cannot be captured via firewire as you would for DV. You need to get an analogue capture card or converter. These range from the cheap and not so good USB devices costing around £30, all the way up to the best analogue to DV converters such as the Canopus ADVC converters costing from around £100 up (depending on features).
    Once captured on the PC with one of the above you just edit and then burn to DVD as you would any files captured froma DV camcorder.

Mark.