1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannon S50 or S500 for continuous shooting???

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by SKT, May 8, 2004.

1. SKT

SKT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to replace my Sony DSC-P72 because I am really unhappy about the continuous shooting capabilities or lack there-of. I am pretty new to digicams and photography in general has been a point-and-shoot kinda thing for me so thats why I am here. I do a fair bit of mountain biking and am looking for a camera that is small like the Sony but will give a much better quality continuous shooting experience just so that I can take a sequence and then pull the pic I want or keep a good sequence. I don't expect glossy magazine type super shots, just a little more accuracy in the pictures and some quality that is worth saving and post to websites. I really have found the Sony to be a bit of a "picnic and zoo" picture type camera which is all good and fine for those circumstances.
    I am looking at the Canon S50 & S500. The reason being that they have approximate 2 frames/second specification and a whole bunch of other stuff including much higher megapixel that my little Sony does not, as I said I am fairly knew to the whole thing.
    My question is which one should I go for or am I looking at the wrong cameras all together?
    I am trying very hard to keep the cost down to around $700-$850AU if possible.

I can get the S50 for about $850AU and the 500 for around $750AU.

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1