1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannon Rears / Diapoles

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MUD, Mar 30, 2001.

1. MUD

MUD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI
    I want to upgrade to diapoles at preasent I have cannon/100 which look very neat on my wall I have been told that I should change to mission diapole/or kef I have BW 603 centre cc6 amp dsp AI.I dont want anything to
    big as my room size 14/12.
    MUD.

------------------

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You could try the matching B&W surrounds, the DS6, sound good even though they aren't full range, THX cert though.

They will tonally match your other speakers, cost up to £400 pair.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yo Mud!

I second what retro said about the DS6. I had a pair of these about two years ago when I replaced my Canon S-35s. They are a THX design, but they will perfectly match your existing speakers. I believe they were designed to partner the 603 (or602s) and the CC6, read it in HCC some 4 years ago.

I currently have the mission 77ds models on my side walls and my listening room is of similar size to yours. I replaced the DS6 because I bought a pair of Tannoy M3s and the MC centre for a bargain price and the DS6 were 6ohms I think, so they were a bit thirsty on the amp and seemed to drown out the fronts.

The B&Ws were definately better but as you upgrade stuff, sometimnes ya gotta tweak some of ya other stuff. Mine all happened at once. I upgraded my DSP A595 at the same time and got the Sony STRB930 (upgrading this again at the moment for the DENON ACVA1SE - when I've saved up for it). So will undoubtedly have to upgrade the speakers too, hopefully for the Kef THX speaker system. (although I've not actually heard a lot about these).

Isn't the home cinema bug grrrreaaat!!!!!!!

I have the article from 1996, I can photocopy it for ya if ya interested!!!

Cheers

Paul