1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannibal holocaust(deluxe version)EC entertainment

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by coolhand101, Dec 24, 2002.

1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this dvd for 1 week now, scan all the forums(and elsewhere) to make sure it was the uncut version. but i found somethink that didnt look right.

When the professor views the adventures doc on the little projector about other docs they did and turned out they were fake, the professor looks closely at one scene and after turns away his head theres a cut to the music beat between that. thats normally a clue for a cut scene. all the other uncut scenes are there(rewind info). just wondering if anyone else as notice this.
    if u need more info i write in the chapter or time pass.
    Was this a editor cut and not a censor cut???

thanks

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Coolhand,

Give me the time and/or chapter details, I'll check my copy and then get back in the next day or two, and let you know.

Howeverm just as a pre-cursor warning, it may not be any kind of censorship or cut-sequence edit, but just a slightly bad job done by the editor of the film. That is to say, the editor may not have timed the shots correctly, and the music doesn't end when the scene does. Or, it could be to do with a damaged soundtrack on the source print used for the DVD.

In the end, it may be nothing, but like I said, post the details, or Private Message me, and I'll check.

Pooch

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    There's a cut to the footage from the mondo documentary. If I remember right it's the bit where some people are shot by a firing squad. I don't think EC ever actually explained why it's like it as their original dvd release was completely intact, although there was speculation over some of the footage not being licensed when Deodato included it in the film as it's lifted from an existing mondo documentary, but it never got resolved (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    If you have a Laser Disk player, you should get the original NTSC disk. Its the most brutal film i have ever watched. Also look out for FEROX on Laser disk. You know if you have the original, as it should contain a 7inch vinal sound track and an original VOMIT bag which was handed out in Itally while you were queuing to watch the film.

VERY NICE.

R.
    B-Boy Mass