1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannibal Ferox 2? Don't make me laugh

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dirk 2, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no end to the way in which cheap labels will try to cash in on the success and reputation of other products. I just came across this gem on the Melon Farmers website.(www.melonfarmers.co.uk)

Just noticed a heavily cut video passing through the BBFC with the title Cannibal Ferox 2. It has a grandiose cuts list described by the BBFC as follows: Cuts required to sexual and sexualised violence ( forcible removal of woman's underwear and subsequent shots of full nudity; sight of woman's breast being clawed and wounded with resulting flow of blood and collection of blood in a bowl; sight of woman's breast being exposed, her breast being kissed, her loin cloth being undone, her pubic hair being touched and her positive response to a sexual assault; sight of man forcibly tearing open a woman's shirt, revealing her breasts and struggling with her). Further cuts to sight of cocks attacking each other during a cockfight.

I can't say I have actually heard of this title before so I guess this a bit of exploitative retitling. The film is originally titled Nudo e selvaggio and has an English title for international release of Stranded in Dinosaur Valley.

Please do not alow yourself to be ripped off. If in doubt, do not buy. Always research first.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Problem is, Vipco aren't exactly a cheap label either...at least not if you believe their marketing hype as being the premier UK horror video label.
    They've already withdrawn their DVD release of Fulci's New York Ripper when it was spotted that they had "uncut" slapped across the front, back, spine, of the disc even though it was cut by 22 seconds. They aren't exactly honest people. Their retitling of films is a joke.
    Still, they do have an upcoming release for The Last Hunter which nobody else seems interested in. All we need now is for someone to pick up Codename: Wild Geese and I'll be a happy bunny.

Transfer-wise, Vipco are finally getting their act together and some of their uncut discs are actually worth a look, but in the past they've released some of the most hideous looking discs I've ever seen with picture quality that's actually worse than their vhs releases of the same titles. Ken Wiederhorn's Shockwaves, although a great piece of nazi zombie cinema, is without doubt the worst transfer I've ever seen.

3. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm pleased to hear they're releasing "The Last Hunter" as I'm a bit of a John Steiner fan, and a sucker for those crazy, spikey VC boobies traps! Hope it passes thru the BBFC unscathed.

Yes I'd be happy to have a copy of Codename: Wild Geese, along with Commando Leopard and even The Commander.

On the matter of poor transfers, the worst is my UK version of Dreamscape. VCD quality!!!!!