Cancer support thread

How has she fared so far? I’m guessing that she is poisoned every 3 weeks as this seems to be the norm with cancer. So this would mean she will be near the end of round one?

she doing well thanks, currently on weekly treatment for 12 weeks and completed 3 courses. Hair starting to go but she already has a wig made and ready so we go on Thursday for the ceremonial head shave and such

think it’s hitting her somewhat this week in terms of tiredness and such but she’s ploughing through well

Glad to hear things are going well, unfortunately the effects can be very debilitating, they certainly were for me but not others who had the same cancer and treatment.

she doing well thanks, currently on weekly treatment for 12 weeks and completed 3 courses. Hair starting to go but she already has a wig made and ready so we go on Thursday for the ceremonial head shave and such

think it’s hitting her somewhat this week in terms of tiredness and such but she’s ploughing through well
The fatigue can take its toll as it tends to build up.

Although I did buy a wig, I rarely wore it as I found it so uncomfortable/itchy, although I know some people wear them all the time. Worth having a few hats/head scarfs at hand as well as it's surprising how cold the head gets when you are used to a full head of hair (as I'm sure some of the older gentlemen on here can testify ;)).

Make sure you mum knows that you don't mind her not wearing a wig when she's with you so that she doesn't feel compelled to do so. I'm sure you really won't mind and there will be times when she wants to wear the wig for herself, but I think a lot of us women do worry about whether others mind. It's sort of obvious that your friends and family won't mind (and if they do they are not worth bothering about), but not so easy to think straight when you're in the throes of losing your hair

I really hated anyone seeing me without anything on my head so soft stretchy hats became important

Well today was a big milestone, mum finished her course of chemo today and rang the bell to show she had done it

Its all been pretty surreal with us all going into lockdown at the start of her treatment and her having to shield but shes been an absolute rock through it, couldn't be more proud of her

Shes due for her operation on august 4th then radiotherapy and all going well we will see the back of it all!

Been a while but we are nearly there. One more week of radiology treatment and she is finished with treatment! Amazing to think it’s all nearly over and done with!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom