Cancelling Virgin Cable within 12 months

bobbarley

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening chaps,

There's a good chance I will be moving house soon, unfortunately to an area that doesn't have Cable. Problem is I'm only about 4 months into a 12 month contract.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Virgin for cancelling? Will I have to pay out the remainder of the contract, or can I just pay a fee to cancel early?

Cheers guys

Evening chaps,

There's a good chance I will be moving house soon, unfortunately to an area that doesn't have Cable. Problem is I'm only about 4 months into a 12 month contract.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Virgin for cancelling? Will I have to pay out the remainder of the contract, or can I just pay a fee to cancel early?

Cheers guys

You can pay a one off fee, but that fee isn't fixed and you'll have to discuss your situation with VM so that they can calculate what it will be. You may get off easier due to the circumstances?

I can only suggest you contact VM.

Cheers mate, guess I'll just have to ring them. I would have thought moving to a none cable area would be classed as a good reason :)

yea given that circumstance i think they should be alright with it... as for how much it will cost :\ they don't like losing money.... what is ya current package price now? as i imagine they would reduce the tarriff to the lowest possible price and charge you that, or probably a bit lower, so on that note im guessing you will have to pay between 100-200 quid :( but i could be wrong and they might be nice about it :D *crosses fingers for you*

Get in touch with the person moving into your old property.
Convince them to take out a VM sub.
Get the refer a friend discount, that will help offset things for you.
Not a lot I know, but every little helps.

Get in touch with the person moving into your old property.
Convince them to take out a VM sub.
Get the refer a friend discount, that will help offset things for you.
Not a lot I know, but every little helps.

I don't see how this will help? How can he refer a friend if he himself has no VM account at the new address? Why would persuading the new occupiers to subscribe to Virgin help?

dante, i think hes getting at if he gets the new house owners to sub to virgin he might be able to transfer the account or something

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom