Cancelling the HD subscription

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by leesouth131, Sep 3, 2007.

1. leesouth131

leesouth131

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All

Just wondered if when anyone tried to cancel the £10 HD subscription did Sky offer any incentive to keep it on.

Whilst we love the quality of the HD picture there simply isn't enough programming to justify the £10 subscription.

Cheers

2. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    No incentive for me however Sky's ingenious billing system still charges me £10 a month for HD.....15 months after cancelling my HD subscription!

:rolleyes:

3. robfosters

robfosters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I dont think they will offer any incentive as they are signing more and more people up every day. I don't mind the tenner a month.

I mean, in one month we have had about 8 premiership games, 4 championship games, 5 England ODI's, loads of new movies, great documentaries (a lot of these can be watched anytime) and more. Thats worth a tenner IMO.

I mean, say you want to watch POTC 2: dead mans chest in HD. The blu-ray disc will cost over 20 quid!. You record it on your HD, press KEEP, and you've got it for virtually nothing. Thats good business in my view

The only way HD will flourish and expand is if people are willing to pay for it. So if you hold on for a while, your investment will probably start paying back big time in terms of top quality programming.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Considering it's only a tenner then SKY are not going to go to the bother with incentives unless you are going to cancel the entire package and if they do then a saving on the SD/HD combination could provide you with what you ultimately want.

You don't say which package you are but perhaps you could let a minor element go to provide with the monthly saving the incentive you are looking for would provide.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

I assume you have enquired about the billing mistake or are you getting it credited back and therefore no paying anything more than you should?

6. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Ive had the same problem, cancelled in May and they have still been charginf the £10. Rang them and they said I needed to write, which I did, they then credited my account with £40. Im still not sure if they are charging it or not, though as my last dd was more than it should have been.

And of course try getting a detailed calculated statement off them. :lease:

7. xxTDKxx

xxTDKxx
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    While i would like to see more channels, i think the current line up is satisfactory, Nat Geo HD and Discovery are worth the extra money on their own, not to mention Sky Movies HD 1 & 2.

It's expensive but it's much cheaper than buying HD-DVD's.

8. ralferoo

ralferoo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if I'm missing something here, but you know that the Sky HD subscription is the same price as Sky+ and automatically includes free Sky+, don't you?

I know it's still an extra charge, but you're no worse off than someone with Sky+ and no HD.

And AFAIK, Sky have never offered incentives to keep Sky+...

9. tonkie

tonkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Sky+ is free to all sky subscribers now

10. ralferoo

ralferoo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah! Then I'm missing something... :lesson:

11. lall

lall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They won't let you cancel the £10 you're paying extra for non-premium HD channels. We tried to but they said it's not possible... we'd have to cancel the whole package. Really considering it at the moment

12. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I sounds like you are trying to cancel the HD subscription within the first 12 months when you were previously an existing Sky subscriber. Sky try & insist that the minimum sub is for 12 months for HD even if you didn't get the digibox from them. However if you cancel your regular subscription then as you cannot have a standalone HD sub then all you subscriptions are canceled. After you cancel there is nothing to stop you immediately re-subscribing omitting the HD sub.

13. waring192

waring192

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    i spoke to someone last week because when i paired my HD box to my card they thought i wanted the HD sub also (which i dont, will get later maybe) but i now have to write in to cancel :boring: