Cancelling telewest

ruthiebabie

Novice Member
Hello

I'm a Sky+ kinda girl but my Mum has Telewest and a digibox. As she seems to be watching less and less of the channels, if she cancels the telewest subscription will the box still receive the free to view channels like a Sky box does?

kit1cat

You receive the telewest box with your subscription, if you cancel your subscription I think you will have to give the box back.

Barry

warrej

Novice Member
ruthiebabie said:
Hello

I'm a Sky+ kinda girl but my Mum has Telewest and a digibox. As she seems to be watching less and less of the channels, if she cancels the telewest subscription will the box still receive the free to view channels like a Sky box does?
No, because the box belongs to Telewest. I think the minimum package is about £5 per month

ruthiebabie

Novice Member
Thanks for those responses - she's on the most basic package on telewest which is £10 a month - just need to find out what that gives her that a freeview box doesn't. She literally watches bbc1,2,itv1&2, c4 and the hallmark channel so I think a freeview would be cheaper for her in the long term.

Any more advice welcomed - thanks

meltonboy

As far as i know, freeview has the same BBC and ITV digital channels. There will be no Sky One (which i wouldn't like to give up), but i think that freeview have the sky repeats channel (is it sky mix or sky 2?), which TW doesn't have.

kit1cat

Freeview will also give you E4 and Film4 among's others, but you would lose the Hallmark channel.

Barry

john8867

Standard Member
My TW installation took 2 days and as the tech was leaving at the end of the 1st day he just connected the coax straight into the back of the telly and I got all the free chans for the evn. He came back the next day to finish the job and then connected it up via the digi box.

ruthiebabie

Novice Member
barrybarwick said:
Freeview will also give you E4 and Film4 among's others, but you would lose the Hallmark channel.

Barry
Thats the deal breaker then - I am sure its only ever tuned to Hallmark!

I rang Telewest who said that she can cut down to the basic package which is £5.50 per month and still includes Hallmark.

Thanks for all your replies

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom