1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cancelling subscription channels

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by andyk, Dec 10, 2002.

1. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I have a Sky DIgital box with a free-to-air card. I had a subscription to a pay channel for 1 year, which runs out v. soon. I have disconnected the phone line from the box.

It seems to me that they won't be able to switch me off. Is that correct? Also as I no longer have a contract with Sky I am presumably not obliged in any way to plug the phone in.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant have both! You either have a FTV card or a subscription card.

If you have paid for 12 months then it is a subscription card. When your subscription runs out they will turn the card off using a satellite signal. It will then become a FTV card! You can disconnect the line after the sub runs out. If you do so before, you risk getting a nasty letter from sky. Apparently this doesn't happen very often with subsidised boxes but more often with a mirror sub. Don't quote me on that though. The risk is yours should you choose to disconnect before the 12 months is up!

DaveP

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    No, you misunderstand.

I have a free-to-view card that I got from the BBC. Subsequently I took out a 1 year subscription to a pay channel. This has just expired (2 Dec), but I am still getting the channel.