Cancelling sky sports

Venomx999

My sky sports sub is about to expire and it was £16 per month and will be going up significantly.

Would it be best to insist on cancelling and then in a month or so call up again and see if they can give me another discount ?

ssbib

Distinguished Member
My sky sports sub is about to expire and it was £16 per month and will be going up significantly.

Would it be best to insist on cancelling and then in a month or so call up again and see if they can give me another discount ?
Call to cancel, they might offer you a discount before going through with it. If not you can always call up again in a few months.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I swear Sky have put their prices up at least twice this year, all we got is 2 boxes and entertainment package and we was paying just over £55 a month, called up near end of last year to cancel and got discount that took nearly £10 off.

Cue today its now back up to £55 a month, its taking the pee.

As soon as contract is up its going.

BigA1

Sky are. my package ended up at over £79 a month...!!!

Binned them off at least 3 years ago now. Now I listen to the wireless and read more books...

Rupert Murdock can ........

rousetafarian

Moved to a more appropriate forum

John

don't think Murdoch owns Sky anymore , isnt it viacom or comcast or someother US entity

dts

Distinguished Member
don't think Murdoch owns Sky anymore , isnt it viacom or comcast or someother US entity
Yes comcast who also own universal pictures now owns sky,and has done for over a year....

simonjenkins

on this forum you have allsorts of guys with large collections of dvd/blurays/4k movies and boxsets and thay have sky include me, we are shovelling large amounts of cash we could do with saving and their is no time better that whats going on with this awful virus which is killing many, its tighten your belts time and it it the end of the world if you cancell sky, is it heck and just look what you could do with the cash which you arent giving to sky, maybe you could give your support to the 4k and spend a few quid extra and buy a few more 4k movies, well thats what im doing anyway, sky has always been expensive and every year thay push up the subscription once or twice and dont give a monkies what anyone thinks unless you ring them and say the golden words i want to cancell my subscription then you put the fear of death into them, its time to think about your own finances and family first before the likes of sky,

N1ck

Everyone has different budgets, circumstances etc. and everyone needs to work out how much they value it. I agree buying sky and forsaking other more important purchases/commitments is not wise but that’s not the case for everyone.

TJT1

And breathe!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom