Cancelling SKY HD sub - what free HD channels will I receive

giger

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before however my search didn't throw up any recent results.

As part of a cost cutting exercise I'm thinking of cancelling my SKY HD sub. I've already got a 50% discount on the regular subs but SKY were unwilling to reduce the HD cost. If I cancel this and effectively go back to SKY+, albeit with a HD box, what HD channels can I expect to get for free? I'm assuming I'll get the BBC and ITV channels plus a few others thrown in for good measure. Are many people doing this and can someone confirm the free HD lineup?

BBC HD.
BBC1 HD.
ITV1 HD.
ITV2 HD,
ITV3 HD.
ITV4 HD.
C4 HD.
Five HD.
Luxe HD.

Really? Thanks for info. I thought they were FTV, not part of HD Pack.

Really? Thanks for info. I thought they were FTV, not part of HD Pack.
No - they are an ITV "experiment" to see how Sky subscription income works out - compared to the diminishing advertising take. Just like E4HD for C4.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Apologies logiciel - I couldn't find the thread as it is under the FreeSat sub topic. As I was asking a SKY specific question I didn't think to look there as FreeSat is a different service. Maybe a sticky here would be useful to?

Apologies for clogging up the board.

That's OK, your enquiry was perfectly all right, and your suggestion is something I've thought of doing.
Logi

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom