Cancelling Sky- Gone right

Put my cancellation in this morning. Was given the usual 10% offers, obviously I declined and they offered to reduce it more by removing box sets. Mine wasn't very expensive anyway so maybe wasn't much wiggle room but no mention of Sky Q, they seemed more bothered about selling me mobile SIM deals, which were admittedly quite good but still in contract with EE... I got bored after an hour and pushed them to proceed with the cancellation.

I'll be going with Freesat/Apple TV.

Took delivery of my free SkyQ install this morning. 2Tb Box, Multiroom, Box Sets\Entertainment with HD (no cinema or Sports) for £35/month. Coming from HD+ not that blown away with the interface so far, the remote is nice though(V2 SkyQ remote). Going to live with it for a week and if we don't think it's worth the money will cancel and go NowTV route. Not too long before it will be in HD so no point getting tied into an 18th month contract.

Got offer for the following, currently in our cancellation period:

Entertainment pack £13, normally £20
Box sets £3, normally £5
Sports £16, normally £27.50
HD £3, normally £5
Sports in HD £4, normally £6

So if I take Ent pack, Sports, HD & Sports in HD, it’s £36, normally £58.50 is this a good deal?
Think it equates to nearly 40% off.

There’s no mention of Multiroom so not sure what would happen to that, guess we would lose that?

Great price, mention the multi room before accepting as looks like it's not included but great deal :)

Come on sky I want the lot @ £35 with a free sky q box. I believe in you...

Priceless :rotfl:

Great price, mention the multi room before accepting as looks like it's not included but great deal :)

Priceless :rotfl:
Ok I’ll take it on my existing equipment. It is after all what I’m paying now

Well today they have put the Sky sports up to £16.50 normally £28, from £16 normally 27.50!
Are they taking the mickey?

Last edited:
Took delivery of my free SkyQ install this morning. 2Tb Box, Multiroom, Box Sets\Entertainment with HD (no cinema or Sports) for £35/month. Coming from HD+ not that blown away with the interface so far, the remote is nice though(V2 SkyQ remote). Going to live with it for a week and if we don't think it's worth the money will cancel and go NowTV route. Not too long before it will be in HD so no point getting tied into an 18th month contract.

Had ours for a couple of weeks now and we've got used to the new look interface.

Went to my mum's a few days ago and using the old style interface on her sky HD box seemed weird.

Well today they have put the Sky sports up to £16.50 normally £28, from £16 normally 27.50!
Sky are increasing their prices in April. My bill in April for Boxsets goes up 60p (currently on 60% discount). Without discount price goes up by £1.50 for Boxsets.

Hi guys

I'm currently on a monthly rolling contract for Sky Q, paying £62.40/month for everything, Sky Q Silver, Mini Box, full TV package including sports and cinema and UHD etc.

I like being on a rolling package but wonder if there is any better that I can do. Happy to sign up to a longer contract but how much do you think I should be aiming for a month if I do, at the moment? I previously had the £35/month friends+family discount for everything which was amazing but obviously not going to get near that, so what do you think I could get?

I managed to get this deal today;
Free Q 2tb
Free Q mini
All channels Inc hd, but no sports - couldn't get a deal on sports.
£50 credit, no install costs

£41 all in?

Thoughts? Is there better? Was hoping for get Sports with it for around £50

I can't seem to use the link on here for some reason.

Just looked and on the April/May bill mine is going up as well. Also boxsets is going up from £38 to £39.50. Looks like we're paying for the extortionate price paid for the football

Nar. It's called inflation. (or pi$$ taking by another name)
What's also a bummer is that they all use the RPI when taking money from you and the CPI when dishing it out.

Well a week on from my Sky TV going off and I can honestly say I haven't missed it at all, as I suspected a freeview PVR, Now TV and netflix is more than enough. Had a letter from Sky yesterday informing me they were going to charge me £178 early termination charges for cancelling within my minimum term (I was on a rolling monthly contract), got straight on the phone and they said they couldn't see any reason for me getting the letter and that I didn't owe anything but I'm going to keep a VERY close eye on my account over the next few months.

Just looked and on the April/May bill mine is going up as well. Also boxsets is going up from £38 to £39.50. Looks like we're paying for the extortionate price paid for the football

Switch to the new Entertainment package then which is Sky long term plan for everyone, no shock there is a yearly price increase is it ? All too easy to blame it all on the football which is Skys breadwinner and main attraction :facepalm:

Switch to the new Entertainment package then which is Sky long term plan for everyone, no shock there is a yearly price increase is it ? All too easy to blame it all on the football which is Skys breadwinner and main attraction :facepalm:
50 p on the sports package but 3 times more than that on the boxsets package which, no surprise, you've got to have to watch the sports. Everybody pays for the football whether we watch it or not.

50 p on the sports package but 3 times more than that on the boxsets package which, no surprise, you've got to have to watch the sports. Everybody pays for the football whether we watch it or not.

Sorry but now utter nonsense, you can switch to the new Entertainment package, which can be had for £10 per month ( with contract ) or £20 per month ( no contract ). If you don't want the football, movies, boxsets, kids or HD options, then don't take them. Also good offers like Complete Sports package at £15 a month for 6 months, ( no contract ), are available if you look, but seems you don't like paying for football, so best left alone :smashin:

Would you mind telling me where you can get the Entertainment package for £10pm? Oh and what was funny about my previous post btw?

Would you mind telling me where you can get the Entertainment package for £10pm? Oh and what was funny about my previous post btw?

I'll try to keep it simple, just for you. You can call Sky, ask to speak to the Entertainment downgrade department and if you want to sign up for a new 18 month contract, you can have the new Entertainment package for £10 per month. :thumbsdow

All the channels, apart from sports and movies, and no kids, boxsets or HD, for a whopping £10 per month :eek:

The lack of a sense of humour on these boards is frightening. Your whole post was amusing, from having finally left Sky, getting an ETC letter, to you will continue to check your account for months. Enjoy freeview but you'll be back ;)

The fact that they are charging extra for HD and again! for HD sports grinds me.
The more I think about it I’m going through with my cancellation.

The fact that they are charging extra for HD and again! for HD sports grinds me.
Yep, how the hell can they have an entertainment package that's in standard definition and expect you to pay £5pm to 'upgrade' it to what it should bloody be anyway, it's just a classic example of Sky fleecing their customers and there's no bloody excuse for it in 2018, channels like sky one, Atlantic etc should be in HD as standard, fact. If Sky didn't do this sort of thing so much (HD is one example, so is having to pay £12pm for multiroom to get UHD) I might not be so inclined to look elsewhere. Really winds me up

I just renewed and it is all about negotiation with them. They sliced their package in such a way that you pay for hd seems weird in this age.

I don’t have the best deal by a long shot but have one I am HAPPY to pay. I have the top package without sport nor movie or 4k. Price was not that high versus the mytv option when you start adding the packages...

Biggest one for me was getting fiber unlimited for £25 inclusive of line rental. That’s better than previous and love the speed (current offer for existing and new)

Will consider the Q option with new tv but not sure I will bite unless same deal as today. Apple TV 4k more interesting :)

Just sharing my latest experience. In short, a good negotiation is better than looking elsewhere for me....(been years with sky so discovered I was a gold vip member with some benefits)

Yep, how the hell can they have an entertainment package that's in standard definition and expect you to pay £5pm to 'upgrade' it to what it should bloody be anyway, it's just a classic example of Sky fleecing their customers and there's no bloody excuse for it in 2018, channels like sky one, Atlantic etc should be in HD as standard, fact. If Sky didn't do this sort of thing so much (HD is one example, so is having to pay £12pm for multiroom to get UHD) I might not be so inclined to look elsewhere. Really winds me up

LOL, we are on AVForums here so just a sleight bias maybe :smashin:

Half, (maybe more,maybe less ) the country don't care about HD, never mind UHD, and so just want the cheapest option available for them to access Skys vast amount of content, legally.

Their business model seems to be working fine, still making profits whilst leading the pack, so why should they stop. Cause 2 AVForums members spat out their dummy :thumbsdow

Things will almost certain change in the near future, but for now, I am happy for Sky to take my hard earned money to keep me entertained. I can negotiate a price I can live with, within my means, watch as much football as I need and not have to worry if my internet is quick enough or goes down ;)

Sorry but now utter nonsense, you can switch to the new Entertainment package, which can be had for £10 per month ( with contract ) or £20 per month ( no contract ). If you don't want the football, movies, boxsets, kids or HD options, then don't take them. Also good offers like Complete Sports package at £15 a month for 6 months, ( no contract ), are available if you look, but seems you don't like paying for football, so best left alone :smashin:

I'll try to keep it simple, just for you. You can call Sky, ask to speak to the Entertainment downgrade department and if you want to sign up for a new 18 month contract, you can have the new Entertainment package for £10 per month. :thumbsdow

All the channels, apart from sports and movies, and no kids, boxsets or HD, for a whopping £10 per month :eek:

Your whole post was amusing, from having finally left Sky, getting an ETC letter, to you will continue to check your account for months. Enjoy freeview but you'll be back ;)

LOL, we are on AVForums here so just a sleight bias maybe :smashin:

Half, (maybe more,maybe less ) the country don't care about HD, never mind UHD, and so just want the cheapest option available for them to access Skys vast amount of content, legally.

Their business model seems to be working fine, still making profits whilst leading the pack, so why should they stop. Cause 2 AVForums members spat out their dummy :thumbsdow

Things will almost certain change in the near future, but for now, I am happy for Sky to take my hard earned money to keep me entertained. I can negotiate a price I can live with, within my means, watch as much football as I need and not have to worry if my internet is quick enough or goes down ;)
No idea what you're ranting on about. Work for Sky?

The lack of a sense of humour on these boards is frightening.
Looks to be alive and kicking to me.

All these packages are confusing me!

I phoned up to cancel, they have offered me Sky Q multi room for £67 all in for every package (HD, Box Sets, Entertainment, Sports, Cinema & Kids)

Is that any good? Currently paying £93 odd?

First question you should be asking is "Do I need all these packages?"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom