Cancelling Setanta subscription

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by aidb, Sep 8, 2007.

1. aidb

aidb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone been successful?

They don't provide a number. I tried their 08712 00 33 22 number, but was told that the cancellations department was closed at the weekend. How convenient for them.

I have the monthly subscription. My machine's a Humax 9200T, and sometimes I can get the service, but mostly I can't. Numerous rescans etc. Two new viewing cards. I've given up now.

Sent their London office an email regarding cancellation, but I don't expect a reply any time soon, but might be pleasantly surprised.

2. simahebburn

simahebburn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they do not cancel by email(tried that), they say they cancel by phone but they haven't with me (its one big scam at this company)

it MAKES no difference if you can get thru on phone, THEY DO NOT CANCEL. rang 23rd july(and got thru on a old number) to cancel on the 23rd august, they rang me on 23rd august (even said i was canceling) trying to sign me up at £9.99 which I declined. so they went ahead and took £15 from my bank account anyway, I'm still geting the service as its NOT been canceled but have cancelled the direct debit. I'm just waiting on nasty letters for canceling DD etc which I'm going to pass onto watchdog, which I've now had asking me to set direct debit up, sent them a email back saying I canceled & got email back saying they don't cancel via email & to contact them by phone to cancel (which I've done)sent email saying I've canceled by phone and nothing.

sorry you've signed up with the devil

see

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=660062

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=528751

3. aidb

aidb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Okay, I haven't given up on 'Sultana' yet. (I know, I know) :rolleyes:

The cam I'm using is an older Top Up TV one. I've read that the Setanta cam is just a Top Up TV one with a new sticker, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the basis for my probs. I obviously don't want to shell out a further £30 for nothing.

Can some kind person with a Setanta cam/Humax please have a quick look in and let me know if anything's different:

Press menu button then/System/Common interface/Slot/Module information

I've got:

SW version : Top Up TV 1.03.002
    FW version : 1.04.03
    Mediaguard version : 01.03.R04 (16/11/04)
    Download ID : 2

4. gaz010

gaz010
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IF everyone on here is having so many problems with setanta and you all go to BBC's Watchdog website

and say to them what your problems is surely something must get done then.

Also i find it VERY strange as they only give info on there website as to how to take out a subscription with them and no clear way of how to cancel

I was considering using them for the footy i am now having second thoughts and think i might stay well clear!

There is also
    OfCom
    to make use off too

5. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995

Same post here (yesterday)
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620328

and here today
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620268

6. simahebburn

simahebburn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've contacted watchdog, trying to contact them via email I mentioned ofcom,trading standards & watchdog. got call lastnight and looks like I've canceled 22 sept and owe them nothing. they got a extra £15 out of me(think the scam is to prolong the cancel process), but I'm free of the devil. :devil:

I wish you all the best with this joke of a company, hope they get prime time on watchdog.

someone needs to setup a site seSCAMa.co.uk :lease: