• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cancelling plusnet within 7 days of activation

DesperateDan

i have been on the phone to cancel today and got no where, spoke to a manager who blatantly told me he can say stuff to blatantly side track the consumers right act and want to know how i can cancel, i have nothing not used the internet from plusnet but i have amounted £1.92 worth of call charges all help much appreciated, i know i am liable for £30 connection fee and £25 disconnection but this twerp tried telling me i am liable for £163 loss of profits fees, terms state " any non buisness plusnet account can be cancelled within 7 days of line being activated and broadband can be cancelled as long as you have not used it, the guy even went as far as saying plusnets terms hold president over the consumer right act

D

Deleted member 39001

can you be a bit more specific? How would i go about contacting ofcom?

No, don't cancel ofcom as they will only tell you to speak to the ombudsmen and tell you who it is. Ofcom deal with the providers and not the public.
What you need to do is log an official complaint on their systems, call them and tell them you want to log a complaint, then call the ombudsmen that covers Plusnet, their are two of them in the UK.

Ah here you go, follow this to raise a complaint:

Plusnet Policies

Out of curiosity, why did you all cancel? I use them and they are fine?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom