Cancelling options contract

tiger123

Standard Member
I currently subscribe to Sky+, and have Films option B . The years contract for films runs out in August.
Can I cancel the Films now (ie 3 months short) or do I have to wait until August?
Also which is the best telephone number to use?

Thanks

logiciel

Sky require 31 days notice to "downgrade" a subscription, so you needn't give it for another month or two.
There is a form at MySky for doing it.

That never happened with me. :eek:

I took a package out and at the time I took out Sky Sports 1. I asked to have Sky Sports removed 3 months before the contract was up. I was then told that because this was opened as a 1 year package I would need to keep all channels and put my notice in on the 11 month.

It will be nice to find out what they tell you.

logiciel

If "That never happened with me" refers to the deleted post, please delete the comment.

I currently subscribe to Sky+, and have Films option B . The years contract for films runs out in August.
Can I cancel the Films now (ie 3 months short) or do I have to wait until August?
Also which is the best telephone number to use?

Thanks
It depends on what contract you are on - i.e. did you get a free or low price box on condition of a 12 month contract on the Movies B? If yes then you can only put your cancellation in 31 days before that contract runs out with the required 31 days notice.

logiciel

If that's correct then the answer was there from the start.
Not necessarily - some people assume they cannot downgrade their package for the first 12 months - they can unless there was a stipulation in the original contract/offer such as 12 months HD and/or 12 months Movies to obtain discounted/free box. This is why I asked the question.

logiciel

And it's why I said "IF that's correct".

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom