1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cancelling OnDigital

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by 11aa11aa, Oct 9, 2001.

1. 11aa11aa

11aa11aa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about this.

Cancelled my subscription to OnDigital (ITVDigi) and they said I'd have to stay in for someone to collect the box. Now this is great not only do I not want to take their service I have to take a day off work.

Then I wait and the courier doesn't turn up.

The question is what should I do? I've already re-booked the courier and will make sure I'm not in.

Any other ideas :mad:

2. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Forget" to send back the remote control.

If they are anything like NTL when I got rid of my cable TV! They didnt turn up to collect it when then said they would, so I left it outside the front door in a carrier bag and went out. But I didnt put the remote in, they were soon on the phone many times asking for it, but they never got it, I was alwyas out!!!!! :eek: haha!!

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, tell them they had their chance and it will be left outside your front door ready for collection. It's up to them then.

4. Mr Plumbs

Mr Plumbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I insisted that they collect on a Saturday, which means they're going to take months to turn up. In the mean time I've got no storage space in the house, so I'm having to keep the box in my leaky shed.... :D

5. spenceruk

spenceruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be careful here. Two years ago I had a dispute with Ondigital. I obtained a box from Currys but it was faulty. I wasn't allowed to return the box to Currys to swap it and Ondigital offered to swap it by sending a courier out. I refused as it would mean time off work. Eventually, by mutual consent I thought, the contract was cancelled. They said a courier would contact me to collect it and, purely by chance, when the courier called, without prior notice, I was in and the box was taken away.
    However, I then started to receive "overdue account" letters. Several months later, and after much correspondence, I received a letter of apology with confirmation that my account was clear.
    End of matter - or so I thought! Having recently attempted to set up a new ITVdigital account (am I a glutton for punishment or what) I was refused on the grounds of my previous "poor credit" rating. To make matters worse, the credit rating has been passed to outside credit reference agencies!
    To say that I am furious with them is an understatement!! Needless to say I am still attempting to resolve the problem with them and "libel" springs to mind!!
    Whilst I am all in favour, therefore, for making life as difficult as possible for ITVdigital just be wary of what the devious buggers might do!

6. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re, the credit rating, you can check this, I can't remember the details but the Citizens Advice people normally have leaflets on this.

If wrong information is held on you, it can be put right.

Having already had a phantom courier delivery from On Digital (whoops ITV Digital), I beleive they have set the precedent that any given appointment time may be disregarded or cancelled without notice.

If they want their box they can collect it at my leisure, and if not prompt then they can be charged storage.

When you receive bad service it is only polite to return the compliment.

7. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you want to check what's on your credit history, take a look at the websites for the two following companies:

Experian and Equifax.

They can supply you with a copy of your credit history that you can then use to see exactly what's on record about you.

8. Ally100

Ally100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,
    I got passed onto ITV Digital via BT and as I was looking for either cable or Sky it seemed to be the perfect option at the time. I was informed that I would receive my ITV digital box (which I did, prompt service) and have a 7 day trial period. I got myself conected, easy as pie. WhenI started to watch it I notice the lack of chanels even though i took thier full package (too many text chanels as well) So after 6 days I called them to terminate my contract. This was passed on from manager to hte managers manager and eventually the contract was cancelled. Lucky me. A date was set for the courier to collect the box (A day taken off work!!) and low and behold they never tuned up. I had that box for a further 3 weeks until it was colected. I am still waiting for my £50 deposit back.
    ITV Digital = Joke :mad:
    I know have Telewest and a good service with plenty of chanels.

9. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    ITV Digital do not have a clue.

It was about 18 months ago when I got a box from them. After having loads of problems with the Philips 6370 box, they agreed to send a replacement. A new box arrived which was a Toshiba, but the courier didn't want the Philips back! Toshiba was a lot better, but I still had loads of problems so I cancelled. I managed to get a credit into my bank off them for about £50 to cover all the inconvience and the £30 worth of phone calls which I'd made to them.

They seemed to have forgot I had the Philips box and arranged to collect the Tosh. They never arrived, so I told them they'd had there chance and I was keeping it - no more was ever said.

10. Mr Plumbs

Mr Plumbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ITV-Digital rang me last week to say that the Saturday collection organised for next month is too far in advanced and so has been cancelled. They've now arranged a collection for the following month!?!?!?

Oh well, I'm running out of room in the shed now, so looks like I'll need to keep the box outdoors in the garden until December! :D :D

11. le hutch

le hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simply get them to pick it up from your place of work. You will need to change your address to your work address though....thats what I did as I too hate to take a whole day off just to sit around waiting for a courier who 'will be there between 9 and 6'.......