cancelling multi room?

micks_address

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
At christmas we got sky plus installed and went for the multi room option. We dont really want it now or the 15 euro a month fee so is there anyway to cancel the multi room without having to pay the install fee balance that would have been for sky plus on its own?

Cheers,
Mick

I would read the contract you signed. I would imagine that you are committed to twelve months of multi-room OR, if you are able to cancel the multi-room, Sky will charge you the full installation fee for Sky+. If Sky did not do this and allowed you to cancel the multi-room with no penalty then we would all be getting the multi-room deal and cancelling a month later to save on the installation cost and I think Sky are not that daft.

Surely the majority of people go for multiroom?

For existing customers:

Sky+ on its own £260

Sky+ with mulitiroom £270 - then just cancel multiroom after 12 months. Sky would probably predict a lot of people won't cancel it though.

Existing customers without multi-room=

£199 - Kit
£60.00 - Installation
TOTAL: £259

Existing customers with multi-room=

£199 - Kit
£10.00 x 12 - Multi-room subscription (12 monthly payments of £10.00)
TOTAL: £319.00
Free installation

Obviously factor in if you need to upgrade your existing package to include the two premium channels to get Sky+ for free.

Not sure where the £270 figure comes in, unless you think the £10.00 for multi-room is a one-off payment?

Existing customers:

Standalone Sky+: £260 (as you correctly specify)

Sky+ with mutiroom: £270 is made up of the following:

1. Kit £149
2. 12 x £10 multiroom subscriptions = £120

Whether or not the customer is on a premium package is irrelevant as the £10 difference will remain the same.

Multiroom is paid monthly. People will factor the total payments required when they make their decision. Indeed the fact that is paid monthly makes multiroom more attractive, as £10 in a few months will be worth less than £10 now.

You can cancel the multiroom early IF you cancel the primary subscription but of course there are penalties for that if you haven't completed the minimum term unless you have a very good reason for not being able to continue the service.

Any doubts it's best to contact SKY to clarify what part of the "deal" was dependent upon taking the multiroom and what penalties then exist.

james616

Hands up, I totally read it wrong and you are absolutely correct regarding pricing. Which, as you say, makes it a far more attractive package.

Apologies for my daftness.

Nathan

james616 said:
Surely the majority of people go for multiroom?

For existing customers:

Sky+ on its own £260

Sky+ with mulitiroom £270 - then just cancel multiroom after 12 months. Sky would probably predict a lot of people won't cancel it though.

I never went for Multiroom, as I don't have a need to watch different channels in different rooms at the same time. I use the TV Link in the bedroom and am happy to be able to control SKY+ through this - also very handy to watch recordings too.. in bed! :p hehe

I ended upgrading my package so I don't pay the £10 subs and gain a few channels at the same time.

so my route is:

199 (sky+) +
60 (installation) +
120 (upgrade package extra cost)
= £379

as opposed to multiroom:

149 (sky+) +
120 (multiroom subs) +
120 (upgrade package extra cost)
= £389

horses for courses?

The latest video from AVForums