1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancelling ITV digital before 12 months?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by NickBull, Apr 11, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got ITV digital about 6 months ago, I've never been happy with it. The box locks all the time (Phillips), it's slow as anything, reception, even with ariel upgrade is sometimes dodgy.

My main bug bear is the lack of Widescreen for Sky sports which was a big plus with a W/S TV and a W/S projector!

The other bug bear (well the girlfriends) is the cancelling of TASTE or whatever it was, I was actually glad about it.

Anyway, has anyone managed to get out of the contract early? I am definately goign to cancel Sky Sports but I'd prefer to be out and get a decent satellite system instead.

Any advice would be greately appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Nick

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My wife watched TASTE as well

Have you pre-paid?

If not just wait for them to fold.

Then keep box for BBC channels which are better via DTTV than DSTV

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is my thinking. I will cancel my sports and just keep the girl stuff!

Then I'll get Sky, probably sky plus so I can get s-video out and DD out. It might mean paying a few pounds more subscription for a few months, but Super League season has started and I wasn W/S sports on my projector!