Cancelling a current -In Progress- call ?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound crazy, and it just happened, so it might just be me, but had a panic moment, so I need to ask.

I was just going though my contacts, and pressed a name of one, to see if it would call up more details, and before I knew what was happening, I heard the calling tone as I'd realised my phone had dialled the number and was waiting to be picked up at the other end.

I could see no way to drop the line. No red circle at the bottom, nothing, so in panic I just powered down the phone.

Once powered back up, I tried the same with my own home phone, and also my mobile, and on both of those, when they were ringing, I had a red cancel icon at the bottom, to drop the line.

Might I be going crazy? As I'm certain this red 'drop the line' circular icon was not there what I accidentally dialled my friend a few moments earlier.

Are the times, or methods of dialling that means this happens?

Thanks

The phone you are using may help. Most manufacturers use their own dialler. As an example many will allow you to use the power button to hang up.

The phone you are using may help. Most manufacturers use their own dialler. As an example many will allow you to use the power button to hang up.

Thanks for the reply.

Nexus 6 - So stock Android.

As I'm totally new to Android :)
I'm wondering if this changes depending on the type or way the number has been dialled.

Or if it's simply me going mad! lol

I have Nexus 5X on 6.0.1 and get a red virtual button appear to cancel a call. This is using the default dialler and the Google launcher.

Yes, that's what I get when I call my home phone to test.

I'm just dam sure, when I was scrolling through my contacts list and just tapped on a friends contact, just really to check for info, it dialled, I could hear it ringing his end, but there was no RED cancel button, sure it was green and did nothing. I do need to find another number to test.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom