Cancelled VM thinking of coming back to sky

Beans Stinkwater

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I still have a 500gb Sky Box and a HD box (although I think I shredded the cards)

To be honest I would sooner sky sent me out 2 new cards for my old boxes then install sky Q, does sky Q involve an engineer install?

I cant be down with an engineer drilling more holes into my house and blowing out bricks like last time.

Im looking at getting movies and sports in HD what sort of price would you look for?

To be honest I would sooner sky sent me out 2 new cards for my old boxes then install sky Q, does sky Q involve an engineer install?
I've had an email for a free upgrade to Q and it says an engineer visit will be needed. I think they need to change the dish or at least the lmb.

I don't know if more holes into the house are needed.

Sky Q does require an installer visit (they aren't engineers) as it is a different LMB. You would need two cables through the wall for SkyQ, if you already have two holes then there shouldn't be any more drilling.

Sky Q does require an installer visit (they aren't engineers) as it is a different LMB. You would need two cables through the wall for SkyQ, if you already have two holes then there shouldn't be any more drilling.
Only one

Nooooooooooooo

Last time I almost chinned the engineer as he blew out bricks like a champ

Does anyone know can you stay with old boxes as I recently bought an 8 way lnb as I have the house wired up for freesat

That’s right Lee, they’re at best installers not engineers, you need a new LNB and possibly dish, and the existing hole should be good enough.

Well a Q LNB won’t work for Freesat so you will need (insist) on a hybrid LNB for freesat and Q.
Thanks I had not thought of that.

My sister has Q the only cool benefit for me is it looks easier to move the extra boxes around the house.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom