Cancelled Sky

Toyyz

Banned
I cancelled my Sky contract a couple of weeks as i was paying just over £47 a month for sport that i rarely watched and the entertainment package.

I was surprised in how easy it was to cancel, no attempt to offer me a different deal.

I've not had a call back either yet. Anyone had a similar experience? If i was offered the entertainment package on a reduced price i would consider it but i guess Sky are not too fussed to lose me as their customer.

bingodisco

They don't offer the entertainment package any more - the base pack is now called Sky Signature and includes all the usual entertainment channels plus box sets in SD. They might try and get you back with a deal on that at some point. Did you have Sky+ HD or Sky Q when you cancelled?

bingodisco

They'll probably give you a discount if you come back and switch to Sky Q as they want to get rid of +HD completely. I wouldn't recommend it though, judging by the daily increases in people reporting sound drop-outs with the latest Sky Q box.

CaptainJames

Yeah they want to get rid of Sky HD accounts, hence why they didn't seem bothered - they weren't bothered.

dts

Distinguished Member
Yeah they want to get rid of Sky HD accounts, hence why they didn't seem bothered - they weren't bothered.
Sky + HD is getting long in the tooth though,been out since 2006 so 15 years is a long time add to the fact that the hardware and software are probably being the limitations of the system...and probably not financially viable anymore...when I got sky Q in 2016 it was a bit of a mess and didn't feel complete...so I left and went back to my black sky +HD 2tb...it felt clunky in comparison but stuck with it because of the deal I got...got sky Q again last February and after three box changes I now have the v3 box with two mini boxes and its so much better then sky +HD...apart from the itv sound drop outs.

rs101

They've still got customers running Sky+ (non HD) boxes. I don't think the box type makes that much difference, although they will offer deals to move to Q as they've found the average spent per customer increases once they're on that platform.

cuke2u

Yeah we were on that old package, I rang them recently, as I wanted superfast fibre for the same monthly cost of £5 that we were paying for ordinary fibre and they repackaged everything and reduced our monthly cost by £20, including Netflix. New hub as well which is a fantastic piece of hardware. Stable and 21 devices on WiFi with no issues what so ever, my desktop the other end of the house is connecting at 800+Mbps...

bingodisco

Yeah we were on that old package, I rang them recently, as I wanted superfast fibre for the same monthly cost of £5 that we were paying for ordinary fibre and they repackaged everything and reduced our monthly cost by £20, including Netflix. New hub as well which is a fantastic piece of hardware. Stable and 21 devices on WiFi with no issues what so ever, my desktop the other end of the house is connecting at 800+Mbps...
Do you mean 80 rather than 800Mbps??? That would be a helluva fibre connection if it was 800, especially when considering Sky’s Ultrafast Fibre package only averages 145Mbps...
The newer hub is definitely better than the old one. I get a solid 68-74Mbps on Superfast Fibre WiFi all over the house. I can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with Sky’s broadband in over 10 years of having it. It’s never dropped out, even when hammered with working from home for the past year.

CaptainJames

I'm not with Sky Broadband, but I get a stronger wifi signal in my house from my neighbour's Sky than I do from my own Plusnet connection....

rpr

I'm not with Sky Broadband, but I get a stronger wifi signal in my house from my neighbour's Sky than I do from my own Plusnet connection....
That'll be down to your router rather thn your broadband connection. I take it your using the supplied one?

CaptainJames

That'll be down to your router rather thn your broadband connection. I take it your using the supplied one?
Yes, I know. The basic router supplied by Plusnet is a heap of junk, so after having it out with them , they replaced it with a ZyXEL unit which is a much better piece of kit. Well at least it works, although I still need a TP Link to cover the rear of the house.

rpr

I don't use Plusnet kit on my Plusnet connection. Openreach modem and Asus router.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom