Cancelled SKY - they weren't bothered

mk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just rang up to cancel SKY because the Digibox is playing up and they weren't bothered one bit.

I expected they would try and keep us by offering to repair it for free or discount but they didn't. We pay £32 a month as well.

We will try and take out a new sub to get a new digibox in 30days time. If that doesn't work, will have to pay for repair I guess.

If the subscription is in your name, say that you have just moved into the house and get it installed in your partners name or pets name (if single). When they come to install they will replace the box as the dish is already there. Might be cheaper than a repair plus you will have two remotes and another 12 month warranty!

Originally posted by mk
Just rang up to cancel SKY because the Digibox is playing up and they weren't bothered one bit.

Maybe it's something simple that you can fix yourself? Lots of free information about Sky Digibox faults here: http://www.satcure.co.uk/digirep.htm

Sky don't fall for the "Cancelling" ploy any more. They know you'll be back. I bet they're placing bets on how long it will be before *someone* at your postcode address tries to subscribe. ;)

Originally posted by Fernsehman
Sky don't fall for the "Cancelling" ploy any more.

And when they finally hit 7m subscribers at the end of this year, their customer service will take even more of a nose dive...

Originally posted by Confucius

Actually, do $ky give a 12 month guarantee on hardware? My installation was done by a reputable aerial firm (who did give a guarantee), but I honestly wouldn't know if a '$ky nominated' installer did the same....

AFAIK new equipment has to have at least a 12 month guarantee by law regardless whether Sky mention it or not.

Greg

Its down to the digibox manufactorer if its under warrenty , they do swap out boxes , I did a pace box yesterday , they pick the old box up and drop another off.

Originally posted by mk
We will try and take out a new sub to get a new digibox in 30days time. If that doesn't work, will have to pay for repair I guess.
Be patient. $ly exist to make profits, as a lost subscriber they obviously make zilch from you.If you can sit it out wait a couple of months and see if they contact you with an offer.

Thanks for the replys. The digibox is coming up 5 year old this year and I don't want to repair for the reasons like slow menus.

My plan is still to take out a new SKY contract next month under wifes name. This way get new box and lnb and 12 month warranty.

I am concerned that SKY will let not us get the £1 install off the web as one of the questions is ' has the household ever had the interactive discount offer'.

Bear in mind the reciever of $lys choice at the moment will be an Amstrad or possibly a Pace.

Originally posted by mk
I am concerned that SKY will let not us get the £1 install off the web as one of the questions is ' has the household ever had the interactive discount offer'.
Place an advert for a Sony reciever and approach $ly for a veiwing card only deal.Since they are not suppling new hardware which has to be paid for at some point you will be in a much stronger position to negotiate a better sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom