Cancelled Sky - BUT AM STILL RECEIVING SUB CHANNELS ???

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Wise Bat, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Wise Bat

Wise Bat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi, I cancelled my sky TV packages/subs and received all the confirmation letters through post of this happening, plus the final bill letter for like £5.

Now, its cancelled the Sky box down stairs, but I am still receiving the all the sub channels on my muiltroom box upstairs?

Should i worry about sky chasing me for money?

I am going to double check with my bank tonight that the direct debit is dif cancelled with sky.

I know this happen to my mate when he cancelled like 2 years ago and he got free sky for like 8 months due them them not cancelling the upstairs box.

Maybe i should just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts? :thumbsup: Anyone else had this?

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    When you cancelled, did you give them both card numbers? They may have cancelled your main subscription, and reverted your multiroom sub to just a single sub - so you might find that your subs have only dropped by £10 per month.

3. Wise Bat

Wise Bat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The lady that contacted me after sending in a letter, took my details. I told her I wanted to cancel the whole of sky. The letters received from sky after this stated that I would no longer receive sky service after such a date. Nothing stating cards numbers just account number so surly they know what I have and cancelled? Plus only charge £5 in the final bill letter?

I AM NOT PREPAIRED TO PAY SKY ANYMORE MONEY, THEY HAVE ANNOYED ME TO MUCH (long story) AND AM HAPPY I CANCELLED?

4. dazza1011

dazza1011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +536
    id phone your bank and make sure to cancel the direct debit and then stay quiet:D

5. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Unless the system has changed ....
    The card is cancelled via a signal sent over the air to the connected Sky box.
    They can't send all cancellation numbers for individual cards simultaneously - so they are sent in batches or sequences.
    If the box isn't switched on when it receives its nuking command, it will surely continue to work.
    Do ensure the direct debit is truly cancelled and enjoy "free" viewing whilst it lasts.

Chris Muriel, Manchester