Cancelled ITV Digital - heres why

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MartinImber, Apr 5, 2002.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My wife had a phone call yesterday from ITV very secretive.

I made the mistake of phoning back.

They want my Nokia box back, couldn't persued them to let me keep it so I phoned Curries - Pace DTVA due in the next week.

If I didn't have an IDTV they would let me keep it - gits

Then I phone Ondigital and cancelled, stating closure of Taste CFN and Discovery Wings, lack of W/S pay broadcasts and on screen Logos.

However I can keep my OnDigital CAM and Smartcard in case I want to resubscribe!

What use are they?

Then I drove to Curries and put a deposit on a Pace DTVA.

(Curries are ok IF you know what you want - my wife bought a Game Boy Advance from them).

I'll give you more news as it happens

Roll on FTA E4, Sky 1 ect

2. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About 2 years ago i got the £100 for the year On-Digi deal, and that was fine, when that run out about a year ago now, i subscribed to all the footie channels. I cancelled my subscription in september as i thought the ocverage was s***. Anyway they told me they would arrange collection, so about 4 weeks later i get a phone call from them saying they want to pick up my box. I said ok, when do you want to pick it up. I promise you this is what he said "Well Monday is good, if you can just wait in between 9 and 5, we will pick it up" at this point i laughed and said he hadnt a chance, he then suggested that i take it to work and they would pick it up there. I laughed again and told i was at Uni and i dont think there was much chance me luging a box round all day. Anyway he tried to bully me around a but, and said basically you can come round on a saturday and pick it up as long as you give due written notice, he said he couldnt give me notice and the first saturday pick up date he had was in Febuary.

Anyway to cut a long story short they still hav'nt picked it up, and i havnt heard from them since October.

I have to admit it was nice haveing the roles reversed when it came to having delivery dates arranged.

3. PIL

PIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently cancelled mine - was getting it for £3 after threatening to cancel about 9 months ago so it was handy as a back up for $ky. missed the first collection and i got a letter saying they'd charge me £200 if they didn't get the box back! they now have it back. badly designed SSSSLOW software and a box prone to freezing (the Phillips, but the nokia was no different). i certainly don't miss it.

4. PeteM

PeteM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've finally got a STB in addition to my IDTV!

Originally I had planned to cancel my sub and get a Pioneer or Pace box from Comets, however on hearing the ITV Digital were going into administration I decided there was no way I was getting a prepay package with them.

So I phoned them up last week and lied - I told them I'd sold my IDTV and in order to remain as a customer I needed a box, no problem they said we will send you one on the same account so you can cancel if you want without any lock in period or up front payment.

So now I have an IDTV and a STB (for the video), its only a crappy Nokia, but for some reason I don't seem to be suffering from lockups (good signal area).

If they go bust I expect I'll get to keep it
    :)

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    PeteM - Jammy Git :mad:

Well I just let ITVDigital loose me - they want my vcr box back - stuff them

I'll let everyone know what the Pace DTVA is like when it arrives.

Come on ITV Digital hurry up and go bust - we want more free-to-air channels

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,296
    its not only the Nationwide League that are in ITV Digital over money...

I work for a major PC server provider, and they haven't paid any contract fees for any of 2002....so their service contract was on hold, but now is valid again, but only to April 15th.....only 10 days worth, they must be really skint..!!

7. PeteM

PeteM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Of course they might demand my CAM back, not a problem as I have a spare that appears to be broken - they would be welcome to it :)

8. popeckia

popeckia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have obviously improved things since I had my troubles with OnDigital... when I got my letter threatening legal action over my 13th month on a 12 month pre-pay (it never actually worked at all but being lazy I never bothered arguing it) they told me they wanted their box back. I said fine, weekend or evening, they told me they couldn't collect during the weekends or evenings at all.... so I offered to take it to work and have them pick it up from there and was told it had to be picked up from the registered address! So like the previous poster I just laughed and told them they were going to be waiting a long time then... in the end they just gave up calling or chasing for money... hopeless technology, hopeless organisation.