• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cancelled after 1 week

wildebed

Established Member
:mad:
What an apalling service - needs regular re-boting - fails to record and is very limited in HD content.
I cancelled afetr 1 week and now going back to those thieves Sky.
The words frying pan and fire spring to mind.

T0rNaDo

i dont get these probs...

my records fine when i set it too.

as to HD content. well 2 channels so far...

i left sky years ago due to there over priced packages..

Throttle

Established Member
Ive only had reboot mine twice and ive had it for a month the recordings have worked ok so far for me :)
There isnt much Hd stuff really and could do with some more asap the Epg is very slow responding compared to sky + but im quite happy with it as its only £19 a month for all channels (minus sports and movies) which is cheaper than sky + let alone Sky hd .
I know Sky Hd does have more channels and tbh id prefer it too telewest but until the £300+ charge goes im happy to wait with my Tv drive and see how Sky Hd is priced after my 12 month contract has gone.

wildebed

Established Member
T0rNaDo said:
i dont get these probs...

my records fine when i set it too.

as to HD content. well 2 channels so far...

i left sky years ago due to there over priced packages..

those aren't really chanels though are they? - they ar test programmes.
The EPG and chanel changing is so slow

tofwings

Established Member
I agree , the menus are wayyyyyyyy too slow..... and ive had to reboot several times ...... Oh and that 4:3 issue really annoys me......

Will def go back to rip off sky if things dont improve, and soon.

Cheers

Brian

wildebed

Established Member
warrej said:
They were channels the last time I looked :smashin:
one channel that seems to consist of space 1999 and endless repeats of a couple of movies and the BBC HD trial. The other stuff- on teleport - is in 4:3

D

dude1971

If SKY are ripping you off play TW off against them, it's possible to get some good deals. £22 for all channels is what my mate managed :thumbsup:

wildebed

Established Member
dude1971 said:
If SKY are ripping you off play TW off against them, it's possible to get some good deals. £22 for all channels is what my mate managed :thumbsup:

trouble is; there's no HD sport, no sky 1 in HD and a load of other stuff that's on sky but not on Telewest

wildebed

Established Member
Despite arrangements made for the TW man to collec the eqipment from another address after 12 today, they came to my home address at 9 !!!
I suppose that is indicative of the lack of communication and organisation. I am really looking forward to my Sky HD installation - mind you that wasn't without its problems and delays in ordering/delivery.

Twilight zone

Established Member
I aasume you have read all the problems with Sky HD in their forum? Keep us posted with any comparisons and whether you cancel that within a week as well lol.

wildebed

Established Member
Twilight zone said:
I aasume you have read all the problems with Sky HD in their forum? Keep us posted with any comparisons and whether you cancel that within a week as well lol.

well in response to that request...
Sky HD was installed today. At the most mundane level, the box is more attractive and the "engineer's" cabling was neater. I use the inverted commas because i was a REAL engineer in the past.
The picture is just the same - i.e. HD is amazing.
The best part is the choice of chanels. Far more available on Sky - it's expensive but if you've got it then flaunt it !! - it's probably worth the money for the football.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom