• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Canceling Sky Package

andyclancy

Standard Member
Hello all, I am mindful of cancelling our sky package as we no longer have a great interest in the package as a whole, however as we do not have a terestrial aeriel and neither can we due to vicinity and obscred sight of transmission mast, my queerie is, can and will we be able to access bbc1, 2, itv, 2, ch 4/5 etc along with any other freeviw channels by using the sky box and dish or will all be lost?
Many thanks for reading

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
All the free to air channels will still work & the handful of free to view channels with the card left in.

You can fit a Freesat [satellite] receiver or general satellite receiver that will mean the channels will be listed without all the gaps you will have to jump over where the sky subscription programs are or you could set favourites to the start of each group of free channels to help skip over the dead channels.

if you fit a general satellite receiver that can allow you more free choice on other satellites later

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom