Canceling Sky HD - Being fobbed off?

simon1

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone clarify this.

I've had Sky HD since 30th Sep 2006 and now want to cancel. I thought I was required to give 30 days notice, so called at the begining of Sep to notify them.

I've been advised they can not accept my instruction to cancel UNTIL after 30th Sep, at which point the cancelation would take immediate effect (30 days notice NOT required).

Is this true, or am I being fobbed off?

I think the 30 days is to totally cancel the Sky service (ie no sub at all). If it is just to remove the HD part of the sub (the £10 extra a month) then they do remove this the day you call. It is really just a package change.

I think the 30 days is to totally cancel the Sky service (ie no sub at all). If it is just to remove the HD part of the sub (the £10 extra a month) then they do remove this the day you call. It is really just a package change.

Blimey, that was quick.

I suppose that makes sense. Cheers

Cancelled my HD after 13 months and it was a few minutes phone call with no pressure or fobbing whatsoever. They even helped me by asking what I usually watched and arranged a far cheaper package that still had all my usual programmes. To re-instate HD at a later date for any reason is a phone call and about 2 hours notice apparently.

Including the movies that I cancelled as well as I never have time to watch them my bill went from £57 to £25 a month and still have multi room Sky + boxes and usual watched channels. Never really had much praise for Sky in the past but they were a pleasure to deal with. Only issue is the Sky Anytime feature still selects all HD stuff which I then can't watch.

I cancelled a year to the day I'd had HD it was off within the hour.
I dropped from full package to 2 mix.
The lady on the phone even agreed HD wasn't worth it unless you had sports or movies.
I've turned anytime off as all that was on it was HD and packages I don't have.
It must use more power downloading all the time and add more wear on the Hard drive for something I never used.

I'm surprised how much I can still watch whilst only on Kids and variety mix
I still get Sky news and obviously BBC news24 from the news package and still get quite a good selection of music channels.
I bet most could drop the news and style & culture package and not even notice

Can anyone clarify this.

I've had Sky HD since 30th Sep 2006 and now want to cancel. I thought I was required to give 30 days notice, so called at the begining of Sep to notify them.

I've been advised they can not accept my instruction to cancel UNTIL after 30th Sep, at which point the cancelation would take immediate effect (30 days notice NOT required).

Is this true, or am I being fobbed off?

I think you are getting mixed up with the 30 days to change your mind option when you first take out SkyHD.

After that initial 30 days you are contracted to a full 12 months before you can cancel.

I cancelled my HD sub, on friday and found that they had been charging me for multiroom since Jan eventhough on their end the card had been stopped. They really are a bunch of muppets, and most of them are obnoxious and rude. Once I move i'm dumping them for good. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

i want to ring and cancel in full but i dont want to cancel is there a chance of them offering a deal on the full package?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom